Nine News Local

Mike Lorigan’s microphone drops out during sports preview:

7 Likes

Is the preview voiced live, or is it recorded (different stories for each market)? It could be a problem with the recording/track.

most likely the automation wasn’t setup to keep his mic open on the wipe. it drops out as soon as the next action is taken.

3 Likes

Should have called the video “Mike’s mic drops out”

3 Likes

Well done for calling the Shepparton Mayor, Tim when she is clearly a Kim

3 Likes

Gippsland content:

7 Likes

Sunshine Coast tonight

3 Likes

Illawarra Montage:

2 Likes

Heck… Even that closing shot on that ad would be a better background than their current one.

Certainly dressed for the beach in that endcap

1 Like

I saw the new Queensland promo tonight. The one they were recording here, back in March:

It was basically the same promo that rarely aired when they did that tour to each region (don’t think anyone managed to record the original).

They just cut out the Jono bits, with Sam still talking to residents in the streets etc.

3 Likes

6:16pm Weather Preview: “We’ve had a cold snap over the weekend, Nicole joins us now, and Nicole, when will it warm up?”

My partner next to me: “Cold snap? What fucking cold snap, it’s still 25 degrees”.

6 Likes

Yeah, the regional QLD/Darwin bulletins probably should avoid commentary on the weather when throwing to the preview.

One wonders what viewers in Darwin (where according to the BoM website, it’s currently 32 degrees and is expected to be 35°C tomorrow) would think of such “cold snap” comments?! :open_mouth:

7 Likes

Lol!

Yes, Darwin has probably NEVER ever had a cold snap… They are too far north for that kind of thing.

4 Likes

I think Darwinites consider several days in a row of minimum temperatures below 20°C during Winter (or “the dry season” as it is up there) to be a “cold snap” but that’s about it! :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s a friggen ice age for them, I’ve heard a cold snap reported as below 27 for Darwin before!

3 Likes

You might not like it, but this is what we wear to the beach up here.

Paul Lobb is presenting the weather for NSW/ACT.

7 Likes

Is the link out of NBN HD?

Lobby suits the weather. Not exactly the most credible newsreader. Always reminds me of everyone’s favourite game show host image

9 Likes