Nine News Presenters and Reporters

Saturday (15.09.2022) - Sunday (16.09.2022):

Alison Ariotti is presenting in Brisbane this weekend.

8 Likes

My bad. Fixed it.

1 Like

Glad to see Paul Taylor finally having a break.

5 Likes

Looks happy to be back.

11 Likes

Mixed feelings for me over Peter’s return, tbh.

I expect this to be an unpopular opinion, but I actually prefer Charles Croucher being behind the news desk. He tends to make fewer pronunciation mistakes and i’m more of a fan of Charles’ ‘straight to the point’-style of delivery over Peter’s more “sensationalist” approach.

5 Likes

I agree with you. Peter has a great personality and is likeable but I find Croucher a little more natural and easier to watch than both Overton and Gardner. He’s had the odd stumble and comes across as bit “starched” but I do prefer his tone and cool confidence, particularly when presenting breaking news. I hope they use him more often.

5 Likes

16 Jan 2022– Natalia Cooper presented Nine News Perth bulletin tonight

4 Likes

She is presenting each weekend this month.

3 Likes

Hope he and Lizzie are the next in line behind Pete and Georgie nowadays. They’ve both been a breath of fresh air.

Fingers crossed for a Lizzie and Charles weekend double header, a la Seven. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Agree, I think out of ALL metro markets / networks, Nine in Sydney would be THE last to go the “double header” option, I don’t recall them EVER doing this. They would have to tank in the ratings big time before that happens.

Tim Davies is presenting Early News this week.

4 Likes

I think this may have been the only time Nine Sydney ever had a double header. Although I can’t be sure whether it was during the day or at night.

5 Likes

That was special daytime coverage. I think it may have been a Saturday or Sunday morning which was why they used the news set and not the regular Today studio.

4 Likes

Tony Jones returns to presenting sport in Melbourne tonight.
He is hosting daytime coverage of the Australian Open then he will present sport from Melbourne Park on the 6pm bulletin.

EDIT-
Livinia Nixon is also back from holidays and presenting weather from Melbourne Park for the duration of the Australian Open.

6 Likes

Charles is back presenting tonight, looks like Nine are reading your comments!

7 Likes

How come?

Dunno. Maybe Pete’s a close contact? Having the day off?

Surely a close contact. I doubt he’d be having a day off on his second day back!

6 Likes