Nine News Presenters and Reporters

(21/11/2021) The 5pm news is coming out of Sydney today with Peter Overton presenting.

11 Likes

Alicia must be off today? Is 5pm Melbourne controlled?

If she is and Dougal Beaty is presenting 6pm Melb tonight, then no reason why he canā€™t do 5pm as well.

Dare I say technical issues in Melbourne?

Probably staff shortage who knows.

Might not see Pete on late news this evening.

Sheā€™s presenting news updates this afternoon.

Confirmation from Natalia about her role. She starts in December- just in time for summer breaks:

8 Likes

Yep looks like sheā€™ll be presenting some bulletins over Summer once out of quarantine.

9 Likes

I believe tonight will be Peter Hitchenerā€™s last bulletin for 2021.

1 Like

Tonight was Peter Hitchenerā€™s final day for the year, returning in 2022.

Funnily enough he signed off by saying ā€œsee you in 2021!ā€

9 Likes

At least they didnā€™t cut him off they were about to as they were over time again.

If Alicia isnā€™t on this weekend then she hopefully is doing his relief. Please Please not TJ.

7 Likes

Please please please

2 Likes

Probably means either Alicia or Tony wonā€™t have leave, Tony will need to be back on deck Jan for Aus Open. Otherwise likely they will rotate Mon-Fri in the next 6 weeks with someone else running weekends. Brett no longer available.

Tony is hosting 3AW Mornings for six weeks commencing the week of December 6, meaning he will be available to read Nine News weeknights for all those weeks I think.

Oh, oh!

Thinks weā€™re still in 2020!

1 Like

Get Jo Hall to present weekdays since she no longer reads Nine News Regional.

No chance it will be Jo.

Most likely outcome will be Tony Jones for the majority of Peteā€™s absence, with Alicia maybe getting a couple of weeks in January if Tony wants a break from working both ends of the day.

Interesting that we havenā€™t see her on air yet. She must be doing some behind the scenes stuff.

1 Like

Iā€™m so confusedā€¦

5 Likes

She only occasionally files special reports for Nine News Melbourne. But she should definitely fill in for Peter Monday to Friday while heā€™s on leave. Keep Tony in the sports role where he belongs.