Nine News Presenters and Reporters

She’s probably just on holiday, like she doesn’t need to publisice that.

8 Likes

If so, it may make things slightly less confusing for me… for some reason, I get Davina mixed up with Sophie Walsh (they kind of look similar), and Airlie Walsh too (the same surnames don’t help there!).

3 Likes

FWIW, Airlie Walsh used to work in Adelaide while both Davina Smith and Sophie Walsh both had presenting/reporting stints for a while in Brisbane.

Both Davina and Sophie Walsh were redeployed to QTQ in the wake of the Choppergate scandal which saw two reporters - Melissa Mallet and Cameron Price (both of whom no longer work on television) - dismissed.

Joel Dry (now at Seven Brisbane) also moved to QTQ from NWS around that time.

3 Likes

Did she used to work in Adelaide? She’s from Adelaide but I can’t ever remember her working here for NWS9.

1 Like

According to her LinkedIn, she studied at UniSA but never worked in Adelaide, her first role was a cadet journalist at CTV News in Vancouver then moved to Sydney where she worked at 2SN before joining Channel 9 in 2008.

2 Likes

Have been asked similar a question. Davina is still with 9 in Sydney. She’s been doing work for Gidget (which she has been an ambassador with since 2016) with their new podcast. AFAIK Davina hasn’t left considering she’s still got 9 Presenter on her social media bios. Either she’s on long service leave or she’s getting this podcast up and running for while.

Last bulletin Davina presented was around early-mid April.

6 Likes

She’s been working on Gidget:

1 Like

Davina co-anchored Nine’s coverage of Trump’s appearance in court last month. Not sure if this was her last presenting appearance or not.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that she’ll be back presenting within the next week or two. I very much doubt that she’s lost her presenting role on the morning/afternoon bulletins permanently.

5 Likes

Melissa Downes reporting this afternoon.

https://twitter.com/9NewsQueensland/status/1661268439900766208?s=20

Related to new podacst.

3 Likes

Hitch presenting in Melbourne tonight.

3 Likes

Belinda is presenting weather on location on Sydney Harbour for the first night of Vivid Festival

8 Likes

Melbourne crime reporter Lana Murphy is now on maternity leave

3 Likes

Melissa interviewed on Nine Sydney (re her podcast).

5 Likes

Extraordinary

3 Likes

I would like to think Melissa was interviewed in a separate room at QTQ’s studios, given their afternoon news would’ve also been on air at the time. I know in Melbourne they have a separate, small room with the city in the background for such instances.

1 Like

It could have been pre-recorded

2 Likes

I would say it was pre-recorded, as almost all of the interviews on the afternoon news are.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it was

2 Likes

No live watermark in that shot. Pre-recorded.

2 Likes

Davina back presenting Morning News.

14 Likes