Nine News Presenters and Reporters

Jeez… People can take time off…

4 Likes

They can also choose to work less and it is not unprecedented.

2 Likes

I think Nicholas’s point is your basing that suggestion off one week of irregularities.

3 Likes

Exactly this. I’m sure if Peter Overton was stepping back a bit, there would be articles about it.
Newsreaders are just like anyone else and may have other commitments to attend to.

1 Like

That surprised me… I always thought Mark would be younger.

3 Likes

Chris Uhlmann was spruiking a new children’s book he has written on the afternoon news in Sydney. His brother is co-author as an artist.

7 Likes

Some of these interviews on the Sydney afternoon news are odd. Very Today Show worthy tbh.

6 Likes

Apologies for the double post, Wendy Kingston is expecting her fourth child. Due in July.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CpZnQGQJlbh/?igshid=NzAzN2Q1NTE=

3 Likes

Peter Overton back presenting in Sydney tonight.

3 Likes

Nine News Adelaide also does extended interviews during their 5pm bulletin, however they’re usually with someone like a medical expert for example and not used to promote a product or service.

5 Likes

Speaking of Nine Adelaide’s 5pm, Ben Avery presented today.

6 Likes

He’s done it a few times before.

On a different note, did they open the blinds? The front of the desk doesn’t look like that in normal circumstances.

3 Likes

My mistake, and yes they’ve had them open recently.

1 Like

The desk screen looks really weird grey

1 Like

Agreed. I feel Nine and even Ten’s midday news are adopting a Sky News bulletin way of things - interviews meshed into a bulletin.

3 Likes

Seemingly off filming puff pieces:

2 Likes

Jess Millward reporting from London.

1 Like

This arrangement hasn’t actually been confirmed yet.

1 Like

Friday (10.3.2023): Peter Hitchener is presenting tonight in Melbourne. Dougal filled in for Alicia on afternoon news Mon/Tues and I assume he will do the same for tomorrow/Sunday.

3 Likes

Thanks for the correction.