Nine News Presenters and Reporters

Who does the early news this year?

1 Like

Alex Cullen @lepatron

2 Likes

Georgie Gardner is presenting Monday and Tuesday 6pm bulletin in Sydney

6 Likes

Alex Heinke has joined 9 News Sydney team.

3 Likes

He joined last month.

2 Likes

Poor Hitch appears to have injured his arm as seen in the 3aw Studio today.

5 Likes

He looks about 10 years older there than he does on TV!

Amazing what some make up and lighting can do!

4 Likes

Brooke Boney presented Thursday’s early news

3 Likes

Good to see her get a chance to read the news. I like Brooke.

Has she presented a bulletin before?

1 Like

Brooke threw to the start of Today from the Today desk

8 Likes

I would love to see a episode of early edition. Sadly it’s not on 9now anymore

1 Like

She presented a few weeks ago. Alex was away from the studio and presenting sport on location for Today.

2 Likes

Went hunting on Youtube, found these from Jan:

3 Likes

It seems that Ayrton Woolley (former Nine News Melbourne reporter) is now working as a reporter for Essendon FC (AFL team):

1 Like

No he just worked freelance to do that story.

1 Like

5/3/2023 Georgie Gardner is presenting in Sydney tonight.

5 Likes

According to the Herald Sun, Natalie Yoannidis (sport reporter at Seven Melbourne) will be moving to Channel 9 Melbourne in the coming weeks to replace Ayrton Woolley. She was to cover for Abbey Gelmi on Seven News Melbourne’s weekend news but instead moved to Nine.

Full article here:

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/media-street-former-cricket-australia-spin-doctor-joins-afl-media-team/news-story/c8fcdaac60a14fb41d80f7f3118c0f4a

TV reporter Natalie Yoannidis is set to complete the Holy Grail when she moves to Channel 9 in the coming weeks.

The rising star’s career path has seen her spend time at the ABC, Fox Sports, Channel 10 and Channel 7 where she is currently part of the sports team.

Yoannidis was pencilled in to cover Abbey Gelmi’s maternity leave and read the weekend sports bulletin but instead she’s moved up the road to Nine.

She comes in as a replacement for popular reporter Ayrton Woolley who departed the network after 13 years last month.

Yoannidis’ grand slam journey started back in 2015 when she was a freelance journo with the ABC before she moved to Fox Sports in Sydney where she stayed for six years.

A move down to Melbourne saw her read the news at SEN before a 15-month stint at Channel 10. She moved to Seven in May last year.

4 Likes

I don’t rate her too much so all this interest between networks is interesting.

1 Like

Peter only presented on Wednesday and Thursday last week.

I wonder if we will see him starting to reduce his on air commitment and Georgie taking a bigger role.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him do Monday to Thursday only in the near future, mirroring Melbourne.

2 Likes

I strongly doubt this; Peter is (only) 56 and I can’t see him retiring anytime soon.

Meantime his rival over at Seven, Mark Ferguson, turned 57 recently, and I also can’t see him moving to four nights a week.

2 Likes