Nine News Presenters and Reporters

1 Like

Mia Glover doing news updates this afternoon in Brisbane - possible for 6pm as well.

Update 6pm -generic opener without Mia’s name; interested to see how she goes.

Meanwhile on Seven

13 Likes

Lizzie Pearl presenting tonight in Sydney

6 Likes
5 Likes

Michael Genovese is Presenting Perth’s 9News this Weekend with Kellie Haywood on Weather and Paddy Sweeney on Sport.

6 Likes

Has Adam Hegarty always been so over the top with his voice? Way too sensationalist.

Yep. He’s from the Queensland newsroom so that’s probably why :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Sounds so ridiculous but anyway…

do we know if someone is going to join paul Taylor on 9 Goldcoast news???

Eva Millic will next Monday.

3 Likes

As I have said before, Nine Melbourne needs another reporter capable of presenting. Currently they only have Peter, Alicia and Dougal, and if Brett doesn’t return when Hitch retires they will only have 2. Nine Melbourne currently have one of the shortest presenter lists as:

Nine Sydney, Nine Brisbane, Nine Adelaide, Nine Perth, Nine Darwin, NBN, Seven Sydney, Seven Melbourne, Seven Brisbane, Seven Adelaide, Seven Perth, Seven Queensland, Ten Sydney and SCA7 Tasmania have more capable presenters GTV are currently on par with Seven Regional, WIN, and Ten Melbourne.

I highly doubt GTV9 want to be left with only 2 presenters capable of presenting, so why not get Natasha Exelby? She recently left 10 when 10 News First Breakfast ended and has plenty of experience. Another choice could be Michael Rowland, Lisa Millar or Virginia Trioli.

What do you think?

Eva Millic will join Paul after she returns from break most likely.

She did not leave 10. Natasha is still with 10.

Stephanie Anderson, Eliza Rugg, even Adam Hegarty, Clint Stanaway. They have many. Imo I don’t think you know what your talking about.

11 Likes

Wally Lewis to leave his sports presenting role at 9 News Queensland , effective immediately.

7 Likes

Hopefully he’s alright. Big loss on air for them.

12 Likes

Wow wasn’t expecting that.

3 Likes

Well that’s disappointing. Hope everything goes well for him. I assume Jonathan Uptin will replace him?

3 Likes

“The new Sports Presenter joining the 9News Queensland desk will be announced in the coming weeks”

Who do we think?

Does he want to give up his weekend anchoring role though? Michael Atkinson maybe taking over?

1 Like

I say this is the more likelier option, and then (say) Adam Jackson could present on weekends. Though unlikely, they could go with another Brisbane Broncos legend and hire Darren Lockyer for the weeknight role.

Alternatively, Uptin could step up to present sport on weeknights, in addition to also presenting the 4:00pm bulletin on the days that Alison Ariotti would present (sorry I don’t know much about the Queensland market). This would see Ariotti return to presenting on weekends, and Atkinson remain presenting sport on weekends.

1 Like

Christine Ahern is another very experienced and well-known personality. They could also utilise the likes of Madeline Spark and Justine Conway if needed, or Jo Hall and Tony Jones if they’re desperate.

It’s not as bad as the member imagines it to be.

7 Likes