Nine News Presenters and Reporters

Sydney

4 Likes

Madeline Slattery is back presenting weather in Melbourne this weekend.

Madeline also presented national weather on 4pm bulletin today.

11 Likes

Sydney reporter Sophie Walsh is in the United States. Looks like she might be filling in for someone Stateside; if that’s the case then it would be great seeing her get some national exposure again.

8 Likes

Michael Genovese’s stint might becoming to an end? His wife Jerrie Demasi is also expecting their first child.

Alison Piotrowski’s Instagram story

6 Likes

He’s only been Stateside for nearly 18 months (replaced Tim Arvier when he returned to Brisbane). Though I do think the fact that his wife is expecting, could be a factor in his decision to (temporarily or permanently, which we don’t know yet) return home to Perth.

If Walsh’s move to the US was long term, then it would’ve been announced by Nine execs, as was the case when she and Arvier became European and US correspondents respectively.

Also worth noting that Walsh returned home from her stint in Europe over 18 months ago.

8 Likes

It’s sad if anyone thinks that a woman is not “strong enough” to anchor a flagship bulletin. Perhaps the assertion that viewers are actively not watching because a female is reading is even more concerning. Good grief.

I recommend that you do some research into the Australian media landscape and main news presenters. It’s not sexist mate, it’s a (unfortunate) fact. Viewers mostly prefer male lead anchors.

Like I said yesterday, Chris Bath and Amanda Abate are clear recent examples.

The viewers will turn to Seven because frankly, Peter Mitchell has been presenting for far longer than Alicia. Thus, it’s fair to say more viewers will know who he is and have more trust.

What about Jane Doyle and Susannah Carr? Even Sharyn Ghidella?

1 Like

What about them? Rick presents with Susannah and Sharyn has Max.

Jane Doyle is an exception but hasn’t Nine been making ground?

Not always? They’ve done stints for quite a while with the other. No noticeable decrease in viewers?

We don’t really know that it was the departure of John Riddell that caused this. He left in 2019 but viewers only started sampling Nine’s product during COVID (2020, 2021). In the same period, Nine has really improved their content and had better lead ins (particularly on Sundays with their local travel show).

Jane Doyle’s actually been more successful than Mike and Rosanna on the weekend. Seven’s been able to stay up top mainly because of Jane, without her they’d be dead by now.

Sophie Walsh’s first report from LA

8 Likes

Can’t wait for the report :wine_glass:

1 Like

Could we see the return of Today Perth News now that he is returning to Perth?

Don’t know… hopefully we see I’m get a presenting spot though.

Thursday 26 May-

Amber Sherlock is presenting Morning News & Afternoon News in Sydney today, it’s been many years since Amber last presented a daytime news bulletin.

11 Likes

Very Rare to see Amber outside the Sydney & Southern NSW/ACT Markets.

6 Likes

Since jacketgate and Nine News Now

6 Likes

It’s great to see her again presenting. All she did was weather in the last few years

3 Likes

James Bracey accidentally called Peter Overton “Brad” (he spoke to Brad Fittler only a few minutes earlier) at the end of tonight’s sports segment.

I know he hasn’t been in the role for very long, but to be honest, i’m not sure if James Bracey was the best replacement for Cam. I get why Nine went with him, however things just don’t seem to be clicking at the moment. Hopefully James and Pete can build a bit of on-air chemistry in time.

2 Likes