Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Sonia is a good choice prior to going on maternity leave earlier this year,she was a regular fill in for Livinia and Rebecca in Melbourne .

1 Like

Tom Steinfort presenting Wednesday - Friday Morning & Afternoon News again this week.

2 Likes

Airlie Walsh is presenting Friday Early News.

1 Like

Ben Fordham will be presenting in Sydney tonight.

2 Likes

Ebbany Feranda presented in Perth on Sunday evening.

1 Like

Probably going to be the first time Ben Fordham has presented a Sydney 6pm bulletin? And knowing how he recently said on his 2GB program that heā€™d be reading on Christmas Day, probably for the next three (possibly even four or five) nights?

In any case, heā€™s probably still better than the presenter Nine News Sydney used over the last Christmas breakā€¦

5 Likes

@SydneyCityTV l agree Ben will probably be presenting in Sydney until Monday or Tuesday next week when Georgie or Deb return.

3 Likes

Yes this will be Fordhamā€™s debut anchoring 6pm News. IMO, there are far more superior options, even if it is summer.

2 Likes

Who presented last Christmas?

Peter Stefanovic (I think he is better than Ben).
2014: Amber Sherlock
2013: Amelia Adams

Please correct me if I am wrong.

3 Likes

Yep, thatā€™s right. Tom Steinfort also presented Sport for Nine News Sydney on Christmas Day 2013.

Not sure about 2012, but Wendy Kingston presented the bulletin on Christmas Eve & Christmas Day 2011.

2 Likes

What the heck. Jayne Azzopardi filed a report and even did a in studio interview tonight on 9 News Sydney. Why on earth isnā€™t she anchoring?

Yvonne Sampson is presenting sport.

6 Likes

Yes, I agree that Jayne Azzopardi shouldā€™ve been given the opportunity to fill in on Nine News Sydney over the Christmas period!

5 Likes

Fordham on Nine News and Karl Stefanovic on ACA, would that be Nineā€™s dream team?

1 Like

Huh? Karlā€™s not on ACA?

Should he be?

The post above mine said he wasā€¦

Sorry, missed that in the original postā€¦

No it didnā€™t. It was hypothetical.

From what I saw of Ben Fordham tonight, I thought he went pretty well, particularly given he doesnā€™t do much TV News presenting.

But I do agree with SydneyCityTV and nationalnews that someone like Jayne Azzopardi should have been presenting.

And as I do find it odd that someone like Ben who we donā€™t associate with Nine News was chosen to present ahead of someone like Jayne who is synonymous with the Nine News brand.

8 Likes