Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

These things happen. But, if you ask me, the weather is the easiest thing to do without an autocue. She was a fumbling mess.

Nowhere in the article does she say she liked the role which proves she was all but comfortable in the gig.

1 Like

How many times have you presented weather without an autocue?

6 Likes

As seen with David Brown and Magdalena Roze, if you actually know what you are talking about, you don’t need an autocue.

8 Likes

As far as I know, Gavin Morris at NBN doesn’t use an autocue.

Or Graham Creed.

2 Likes

I know it’s unlikely to ever happen for various reasons, but there’s a weather presenter that Nine Sydney should consider poaching if they want to go one better than David Brown!

Brian Bury is still around.

Other than Magdalena Roze, I can’t see who else is better than Brownie.

1 Like

It’s odd that Nine Sydney had Ian Wilkie as a meteorologist for weather for eons, but after he retired, they’ve never had one since (as far as I can recall).

3 Likes

Graham Creed!

Yep, that’s exactly who I was referring to earlier (incase it wasn’t clear)! :slight_smile:

While not related to the presenters, I’d also like to see Nine (or any network) implement a proper “Weather Centre” or something like that on their newer sets. It’s about time that an Australian TV network gave viewers the impression (even if may be a bit more style than substance - perfect for commercial TV news!) that their forecast is more than just the presenter simply rehashing the info that the BoM has sent them.

3 Likes

Deborah Knight talking this afternoon to nine.com.au’s Helen McCabe and ACA’s Kerri Elstub about the ‘torture of TV makeup’, on the new 9Honey radio show on 2UE Talking Lifestyle.

1 Like

Deb actually spoke about this on Today last weekend,and even showed a photo of herself before hair/makeup team transform her .

1 Like

What on God’s earth is the Nine Honey Radio Show?

9Honey = Nine-owned website primarily targeted at women. I suspect that the radio show on 2UE Talking Lifestyle is little more than a poorly disguised ad for that.

Tim Davies presented Friday Early News bulletin.

Melbourne reporter Andrew Lund is filling in as Europe Correspondent, Andrew normally fills in a few times a year.

1 Like

Gee I reckon Andrew Lund should be full time replacement over there when Tom returns home

Mark Burrows presenting Friday Morning & Afternoon News.

1 Like

Tom Steinford is returning back home to Aus if Ollie Clarke’s Instagram post is anything to go by.

3 Likes

He finished as correspondent this week and is suppose to be replacing (not confirmed by Nine as yet) Peter Stefanovic on Weekend Today.

3 Likes