Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Jayne Azzopardi is tipped to head overseas, but what is not to say current Europe Correspondent Amelia Ballinger won’t take over Tom’s role as Senior Correspondent for that bureau?

2 Likes

Kyrie Blenkinsop for Europe Correspondent anyone? Remember reading not long ago that she was returning to 9. Can anyone confirm?

[quote=“Syd_TVChannel, post:911, topic:148, full:true”]
Kyrie Blenkinsop … Remember reading not long ago that she was returning to 9. Can anyone confirm?
[/quote] Really liked her on the Qantas Early News. I think it was reported that she returning to Australia and members here suggested that she should return to Nine. Happy to be corrected though.

Kyrrie is returning to Australia at the end of January with her hubby and baby who was born in August. I havent read anything about her returning to work at Nine,but it could happen down the track.

1 Like

Saying that she most likely will be presenting and reporting in Sydney only i guess!

1 Like

Melbourne weather presenter Livinia Nixon is now on holidays.

1 Like

As you’d probably expect, Nine News Sydney have produced a special promo for Ken Sutcliffe’s final week:
https://twitter.com/9NewsSyd/status/804594978835996672

3 Likes

Last week Peter Hitchener fist pumped Lavinia Nixon.

But then Tony Jones refused Peter Hitchener’s fist pump.

7 Likes

On live TV?

3 Likes

Corey Norris presenting sport on First At Five News and Melbourne bulletin this weekend.

Yvonne Sampson is leaving Nine for Fox Sports. Big loss.

2 Likes

With Nine’s weekend sports presenters still on a rotating basis, this probably means that Erin Molan or Julie Snook will get full time weekend sports presenter role. It can’t be Tim Gilbert due to his commitments on Today, and as for Neil Breen and others, well you can forget it.

1 Like

Hopefully Nine News Sydney will have a regular Friday/Saturday (remember how Sydney’s 6pm bulletins do the presenter rosters again?) sports presenter in 2017.

I personally would’ve thought that Danika Mason might be another contender (albeit, probably a little less likely than either Molan or Snook) for the role.

Although just as long as they don’t let Tim Gilbert, Neil Breen or Danny Weidler present Nine News Sydney Friday/Saturday on a regular basis, I’ll be satisfied.

1 Like

It will be interesting to see who will take over Sampson’s hosting duties on Friday night games and the Sunday Footy show. If Nine want to keep a female in the role then Molan may take over which would mean she couldn’t do Friday night news.

1 Like

Nine News Adelaide presenter Will McDonald is back this weekend.

1 Like

Big loss that’s for sure. I remember her when she did Seven Local News sport and I liked her then.

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:923, topic:148”]
Although just as long as they don’t let Tim Gilbert, Neil Breen or Danny Weidler present Nine News Sydney Friday/Saturday on a regular basis, I’ll be satisfied.
[/quote] Agree, about Breen and Weilder they are awful. However, as I have said before, Tim Gilbert is the most qualified person to do sport. Molan would be also good in the role.

1 Like

Peter Overton was waving his arms around quite enthusiastically during the cross to Amber for weather tonight.

Sorry I didn’t get any caps or a video of it.

2 Likes

Possibly a contender for the “Best Screencapture of 2016” Awards? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That almost reminds me of something that you’d expect to see in On-Air Presentation elements on another free to air network…

8 Likes

Nice seeing Peter putting in an audition to be in Ten’s next button-pushing ID

6 Likes

Kate Creedon presenting Early News this week.

1 Like