Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

He’s probably in rehab after his little “rant” about how computers had taken over the newsroom the other week :grinning:

4 Likes

The official word is that he is having a short break and will return next week.

4 Likes

Melissa Downes is off sick tonight, so Andrew Lofthouse is solo on Nine News Queensland.

1 Like

Tomorrow’s Amelia’s last day presenting the Morning & Afternoon news. Returning in the new year (with Davina Smith?).

3 Likes

When Davina started her maternity leave she said returning later in the year,l suppose we will wait and see if that happens.

2 Likes

[quote=“Salty, post:661, topic:148”]
When Davina started her maternity leave she said returning later in the year,l suppose we will wait and see if that happens.
[/quote] Amelia told me that Davina Smith will “certainly” be back in the Morning and Afternoon News chair in the new year.

2 Likes

Brilliant - love Davina for the morning and afternoon news. I particularly like the intro and Davina reading out the intro with a sense of urgency… Keep Davina on permanent.

4 Likes

I’m guessing that we’ll probably see Deborah Knight fill in for Georgie Gardner this Friday/Saturday?

1 Like

I agree. I find Davina really good during Nine’s daytime rolling coverage.

1 Like

Amelia Adams on her last day reading news on Today Extra was presented was flowers and presents from David and Sonia,it has become a tradition on the show when the shows newsreader heads off on maternity leave and we have had a lot farewells in recent years.

7 Likes

Sophie Walsh presented Friday Early News.

Deborah Knight is back presenting Friday Morning & Afternoon News this week.

1 Like

With Pete supposedly back Sunday, Georgie is still anchoring her usual Friday/Saturday duties, ironically on Michael Usher’s debut on Seven News Sydney.

3 Likes

Let’s see how former colleagues compete against each other for the 1st time tonight (IMO, I think ratings won’t improve immediately, but gradually if Michael Usher does well on Seven).

1 Like

Like you say, I predict Georgie Gardner and Nine News Sydney will continue to be number one on Friday and Saturday evenings for the foreseeable future. However, Michael Usher is Seven’s best hope, IMO.

3 Likes

I thought Melissa Doyle was Seven’s best hope and look what has happened to her!

Georgie will remain supreme up against Usher no doubt.

2 Likes

Exactly. What’s to say that Michael Usher may not become another Chris Bath or Melissa Doyle within Seven?

As far as presenters are concerned, Nine shouldn’t have much to worry about for as long as Peter Overton, Georgie Gardner and Deborah Knight are still available as their three main go-to newsreaders for Sydney’s 6pm bulletin.

4 Likes

Deborah Knight presenting in Sydney tonight.

2 Likes

Alison Ariotti is solo again this weekend in QLD.

Another week, another presenter fill-in on Nine News Sydney with Tim Gilbert doing Sydney sport tonight.

It seems like ages since we’ve seen all three regular Sunday-Thursday presenters on our screens together!

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Seven News Content and Appearance