Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Awesome :+1:

In Queensland tonight, Andrew Lofthouse anchoring the main bulletin solo back from holidays. Wally Lewis back on Sport, and Sophie Walsh still presenting weather.

Tony Jones has returned from Holidays early to cover the Essendon FC news from today

2 Likes

Presenters this past week

Early News: Lara Vella

National Morning and Afternoon News
Monday-Thursday: Amelia Adams
Friday* : Kerrie Yaxley

Queensland Morning and Afternoon News
Monday-Thursday: Sophie Walsh
Friday* : Joel Dry

N.B: No Afternoon or Nine News Now bulletins on Friday due to Cricket coverage

2 Likes

Is Peter Overton back on Nine News in Sydney yet?

If this promo posted to Twitter tonight is anything to go by, Peter Overton will return to Nine News Sydney for 2016 on Sunday night (which fits in with the recent tradition of him returning for the year on the 3rd Sunday of January): https://amp.twimg.com/v/8047557e-eb1f-4e6b-8ebf-f733ec456ec2

3 Likes

Apologies for the double post, but Amber Sherlock also returned to Nine News Sydney for another year of weather tonight.

Ken Sutcliffe is still away (Erin Molan filled in on Sydney sport tonight), however I’d probably expect to see him back next week.

2 Likes

Looks like Lara Vella will again be presenting the early news this week.

This Week (18.01.16- 22.01.16)

National

Early News: Lara Vella
Morning and Afternoon News: Brett McLeod
Nine News Now: Both Amber Sherlock and Amelia Adams returned to their roles.
`

Queensland

6PM: Melissa Downes returned tonight after 4 weeks leave. Sophie Walsh is still doing weather

DAYTIME NEWS:
Monday: Sophie Walsh is still filling in for Eva on both bulletins for the week. Whilst no sports anchor was present for the Morning News, Joel Dry did sport on the Afternoon news.
Tuesday-Friday: Tom Mitchell doing sport.

* N.B:

Due to Cycling on Tuesday and Thursday, Nine News Now is shortened to 30 minutes nationally while in Queensland, Nine Morning News isn’t airing. On Wednesday due to One Day Cricket, Nine News Now and the Afternoon News won’t air. And on Friday due to cycling, Nine News Now won’t air at all.

Lara Vella is still presenting the Early News this week.

Eva Milic will return to Queensland local Afternoon News from Feb 1, after six weeks holidays. Even though the article doesn’t mention it, I would assume that includes the Morning News too: http://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/confidential/eva-milic-to-return-to-queensland-screens/news-story/51d29e036698d82a777775ee86919eb9

Neil Breen presented sport on the Sydney news tonight. Must’ve been strange for Georgie sitting alongside her former boss from her Today show days considering the media reports of ill feeling between Breen and the Today talent when he was EP.

[quote=“NewsWeary, post:52, topic:148, full:true”]
Neil Breen presented sport on the Sydney news tonight. Must’ve been strange for Georgie sitting alongside her former boss from her Today show days considering the media reports of ill feeling between Breen and the Today talent when he was EP.
[/quote] Cam still not back! I thought it was reported that Breen didn’t like Dickie, Lisa or Ben. IRRC, Karl and Georgie were his favourite. And if you if thought he was a bad E.P., he is a worse presenter.

2 Likes

Peter Stefanovic presenting Friday Morning & Afternoon News bulletins.

1 Like

He should do more presenting. I like him.

1 Like

@Sifon in the past year in my opinion Peter Stefanovic and Jayne Azzopardi have proved they are both very competent newsreaders with there different fill-in roles on bulletins.

Just not a fan of Peter hosting on Weekend Today, but Cameron Williams should be returning soon so Pete will revert back to reading News on the show.

2 Likes

Justine Conway presenting weather in Melbourne tonight

Now that Cameron Williams is leaving Nine, I wonder who’ll become the new weekend sports presenter on Nine News Sydney? My guess is that it will most likely be Erin Molan or Yvonne Sampson, although I do think that Neil Breen is a possibility that can’t be ruled out.

Of course, I think that it’s a pity that he’s leaving Nine (He would’ve made a great successor for Ken Sutlcliffe when he retires from Sydney sport IMO!) but wish him all the best for the future! :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

@SydneyCityTV tend to agree Erin would be the most likely choice to replace Cam.

1 Like

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:58, topic:148”]
Now that Cameron Williams is leaving Nine, I wonder who’ll become the new weekend sports presenter on Nine News Sydney?
[/quote] I am genuinely shocked and saddened that Cam is leaving and wish him every bit of success. I too thought he was certainly going to be Ken Sutcliffe’s succession, the lead of WWOS and Nine News Sport, so I really wasn’t expecting that. My preference is if Tim Gilbert takes Cam roles with the decades of experience and Erin Molan move to TODAY for sport. Erin, Yvonne though would be great choices although even it is highly unlikely Neil Breen and Rob Canning are floating there.

5 Likes

Thursday -
Amelia Adams filling in for Davina on Morning News today.Davina was still on the Afternoon News.

Friday -
Peter Stefanovic presenting Morning & Afternoon News.

1 Like