Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Considering that (from memory) she has since moved to the Gold Coast, I doubt we’ll be seeing Wendy Kingston in any national roles for Nine News anytime soon.

@nationalnews Last time l watched Nine News in early December Jo was still reporting along with reading Melbourne weekday news updates.
I also remember she was a Friday regular in chat room segment on Nine News Now.

Yes Wendy lives on the Gold Coast. But she still commutes to Sydney for Weekend Today. I suspect she will fill in for Deb Knight while she’s on maternity leave and Peter Stefanovic will stay in the news chair.

I reckon Amelia will return to Mornings and Afternoons and maybe Amber Sherlock will do Nine News Now? Either that or Amelia stays where she is and Peter Stefanovic does Morning and Aftermoon News.

Wouldn’t it be better if the Morning News Presenter also did Nine News Now and then the Afternoon News have a separate presenter that could work every day.

1 Like

Peter Hitchener and Livinia Nixon back on air tomorrow night

Wow that’s probably the earliest they’ve ever come back from holiday.

@sammy123 Peter normally always returns around this time in January.He did start holidays at the start of December and Livinia has also been away since start of December.

Has there been a promo for Peter’s return like they have done in previous years?

They have still been running the standard “Your news, Melbourne’s news” promos, just changed the voice over to say he’s back Monday.

…and if I’m not mistaken, Peter Overton usually returns to Nine News Sydney for the year on the 3rd Sunday in January.

Sounds like they’re dropping the ball a bit this year

Kate Collins, Brenton Ragless and Warren Tredrea all returned from holidays tonight on Nine News Adelaide.

In Queensland this week:

Sophie Walsh anchoring the local Afternoon bulletins (and Morning bulletin after Cricket finishes). They were going to have a Morning Bulletin due to the rain at the Cricket, but it didn’t go ahead.

Carrie-Anne Greenbank anchoring the Gold Coast bulletin, with Emma O’Rouke on Sport and Nicole Rowles on Weather.

Darren Curtis anchoring the 6pm bulletin, with Sam Squires on Sport and Sophie Walsh on Weather.

[quote=“utaussiefan, post:31, topic:148, full:true”]
Kate Collins, Brenton Ragless and Warren Tredrea all returned from holidays tonight on Nine News Adelaide.
[/quote] Wil McDonald definitely deserves a break now. Does anyone know when Jessica Braithwaite begins presenting the weather?

Julie Snook has returned to the Early News this week.

Due to the Cricket, Nine’s Morning and Afternoon News varied throughout the week:
Morning News
*Tuesday-*Julie Snook
*Wednesday-*Amelia Adams
Friday: Amelia Adams
Afternoon News
*Monday- Tuesday :*Deborah Knight
*Wednesday-*Jayne Azzopardi
Friday: Amelia Adams

1 Like

Sonetime this month. I’d imagine before the start of the ratings

That’s incorrect.

Julie has been doing early morning news & late morning updates.

Amber did Nine News Now yesterday and Amelia did it today.

Deb has done the Afternoon news both yesterday and today.

Sorry I didn’t get a chance to go back and edit. I am in Queensland, so straight after Today we get the Cricket- no Mornings or news updates. Yesterday, I wasn’t sure when the cricket finished but I turned on my TV at 3.20 and Deb Knight was doing the national Nine Afternoon News. I ,though, saw with my own eyes and have a recording of Nine Morning News today, aired at 10.30 QLD time, with Julie Snook presenting and Corey Norris on sport. When I edited the post at about 12.00 your time, I had no idea who would read the afternoon news so instead of lying I waited but didn’t get the chance to come back. The post has been edited.

Amelia Adams did morning news, Nine News Now and a live report at 6pm.

Jayne Azzopardi did the afternoon news.

Who is presenting Friday Morning and Afternoon News?

Amelia Adams.

As Julie Snook was presenting Nine News Now, Kerrie Yaxley presented Nine Early News on Friday.[quote=“Wade, post:34, topic:148”]
Re. Jessica Braithwaite : Sonetime this month. I’d imagine before the start of the ratings
[/quote] Jessica Braithwaite has been rehearsing for the weather gig for the past week and will begin her duties on Monday 11th Jan for Nine News Adelaide.