Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Seems like a strange move to have Brenton doing Today when his co anchor in Adelaide has just gone on maternity leave.

1 Like

He does a good job but I’ve noticed the number of stumbles he has per bulletin is seeming to increase over the years. I already much prefer watching a bulletin with Alicia at the helm. I’d prefer Hitch ended on a high in a similar way to Mal Walden rather than staying in the role too long.

1 Like

Monday (08.01.2018) - Friday (12.01.2017): : Darren Curtis is anchoring solo in Brisbane with Jayde Cotic presenting the weather.

Wally Lewis returned from holidays this week.

2 Likes

Hitch will know when he feels it’s time to bow out gracefully.
I’ve been watching news bulletins for over 30 years and newsreaders of all ages occasionally stumble over words.

5 Likes

Given that Allison Langdon will be doing Weekend Today and 60 minutes, maybe Peter Stefanovic or Mark Burrows will be the #3 newsreader in sydney given they are both part of the Sydney news team.

3 Likes

Of the three regular presenters of Weekend Today for 2018, I’d personally like to see Nine pick Jayne Azzopardi to be their new 3rd in-line newsreader for Sydney.

But yeah, you’re probably right about either Peter Stefanovic or Mark Burrows getting the position even though both are far better at reporting than presenting IMO.

6 Likes

You would think they would want the new anchor/s on air in time for the ratings season…

Some names who haven’t been thrown into the ring. Angela Tsun, I think, would do a competitive job as she is being groomed for Susannah Carr’s chair- however, with her off on maternity leave, I don’t think Nine would bother. Liam Bartlett and Lousie Momber, from what I have seen, also had good chemistry on weekends. However, both listed above have no greater chance at strengthen the ratings than Emmy did.

Dixie’s return could sell but I think the biggest/popular name, other than Rick and Sue, in Perth is Ten’s Narelda Jacobs. She does an incredible job with TENFAF figures in the west, frequently beating Nine. She would be a good getter and Nine’s best hope.

As we have mentioned hundreds of times before, the weather presenters is Nine News Sydney’s weakness, for what is otherwise a very strong team. I honestly believe they should invest in a meteorologist, at least for the weeknight bulletin. Magdalena Roze would be my top pick, but even someone like Rose Jacobs would do.

Hitch is the reason Nine is number 1 in Melbourne. A very good anchorman with a great sense of humour. Nine News Melbourne won’t know what hit them when he retires. The ratings will drop and just the flow of the production of the nightly bulletin will weaken, because he contributes such a great amount.

I believe Jo Hall would be the best replacement for Pete, when he leaves.

2 Likes

Sorry won’t happen for Jo she’s doing the 9 local news.

She can’t change jobs? Not exactly a big shift for her

1 Like

Jo certainly would be the best replacement, but if Nine wants some stability as far as main anchors are concerned, I would pick Alicia Loxley for weeknights.

1 Like

If Pete leaves in 2019 then I think Jo will replace him (with Alicia being promoted to the regional bulletins and Brett McLeod to weekends) but if Pete stays on past 2020 then either Alicia or Brett would be the replacement. Can’t see Jo wanting to work forever like Pete is.

1 Like

I think you might’ve hit the nail right on the head. If Nine can grab Narelda Jacobs for their news (and/or James McHale from the ABC), I think they might have a chance, otherwise their other best chance would be throwing the cheque book at Dixie Marshall and putting her in a double header with one of the younger talents at Nine Perth (Tracy Vo, Alice Murray or Michael Genovese).

Anything apart from that is going to result in them continuing to be smashed by Seven Perth.

2 Likes

This +1.

No point swapping Alicia and Jo over from metro to regional and vice versa.

Melbourne viewers will now be very familiar with Alicia and similarly with Jo on the regional news.

And … anyone but Tony.

3 Likes

When the time comes, I think either Alicia Loxley or Brett McLeod would be the best successor to Peter Hitchener.

As for Nine News Perth, somehow I can’t see Narelda Jacobs and/or James McHale switching networks even though they probably are the most popular news presenters in the market who aren’t on Seven. Although as it’s already been pointed out, Nine have no chance of becoming #1 in Perth until Rick & Sue retire and even then…

then watch the 9news local Victoria ratings go down and then eventually taken off

Does it even rate well now anyway?.. Jo in my opinion deserves to front a polished professional broadcast rather than some shitty rushed broadcast.

2 Likes

I’m sure she is replaceable as is everyone in television

2 Likes

It won’t be Narelda as she has started back at Ten today.

1 Like

Dammit. I saw 14 new posts and thought we had an annoucement. :disappointed_relieved:

8 Likes

Carrie Anne Greenbank presenting Afternoon News in Melbourne on Thursday & Friday this week.

Studio interview

5 Likes