Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

What appeared to have happened is they sacked Emmy and their intention was to keep Tim solo at 6pm and 4pm, for what was reported as the same pay for increased duties.

Whether Tim financially and/or morally declined his new job, is unknown.

It actually could be -local and at the station. However, it is likely to be Michael, which is a bad choice IMO who has less of a personality than Tim.

Louise would have been a better choice and the time would be fitting too.

5 Likes

This leaves the question with who will host the 4pm news as well then.

1 Like

Brett McLeod presenting First At Five News and in Melbourne again this weekend.

2 Likes

For the love of god, not ‘Thommo’. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

A short promo ran during the Perth news last night saying Tracy Vo would be presenting the 4PM news starting Monday…

10 Likes

So presumably the other local Afternoon News bulletins will resume on Monday?

I know that Melbourne’s version has been continuing over the Summer period, but other markets have been getting a Sydney produced semi-national edition - possibly a case of the TCN newsroom helping out the smaller markets which don’t have the resources to run local Afternoon News when many of their staff go on holidays!

3 Likes

Why have they got TVo, not her full name?

I was actually talking about Michael Genovese. However, I think Thommo is a likely chance to be promoted to the news chair.

3 Likes

So Tvo takes on 4pm. And Gena or Thommo takes 6pm.

:thinking::flushed:

2 Likes

Saturday (13.01.2018) - Sunday (14.01.2018): Jonathan Uptin is anchoring in Queensland with Aislin Kriukelis presenting the weather.

5 Likes

@Will In addition to Today perth news or instead of? If instead of, they should have her do the 6pm news too either solo or as a co anchor.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/entertainment/confidential/michael-thommo-thomson-takes-over-nine-news-desk-ng-b88710630z

8 Likes

It was only a short promo, specifically about 9 Live Perth. No mention of Today Perth.

Not a bad choice.

1 Like

Viewers over in the West might have a different opinion, but somehow I think it would’ve been better if Tracy Vo became the new presenter of Nine News Perth (although I’m sure she’ll do well at 4pm nonetheless) with Michael Thompson continuing to present Sport.

2 Likes

I agree her career has revolved around news while Michael’s has revolved around sport so it’s an odd choice but Michael will do fine… however I don’t think the ratings will increase. On a different note I hope they use the opportunity of a new presenter to scrap that stupid sci-fi looking background in the Perth studio returning to the live camera like the east coast.

4 Likes

Thommo is probably the best in-house choice they could have gone for (I expect he’s also the highest paid of their remaining on air talent - no need for negotiations I’d imagine).

Glad they’ve kept separate presenters for 4pm and 6pm though.

And the ratings… well we all know they’re never going to improve, it’s not like they ever have in the last 10 years.

4 Likes

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME??

What a disaster. What are they thinking? Keeping Emmy solo would have been the better decision. FFS.

Back to Rick & Sue I go.

:disappointed_relieved:

I’ve never seen him present the News part is he similar in style to Tony Jones in Melb?

I don’t get this at all. Is this a cost cutting exercise? or Ratings Grab? Neither actually makes sense. Would have been cheaper to get rid of Michael and Tim and keep Emmy solo? and Michael is barely going to bring in ratings?

1 Like

This is a complete and utter fail of a decision. Im flabbergasted.