Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Adelaide is a bit strange. For the 4PM bulletin they will overlay the music for presenter signoff, then wide shot and fade to black. But for the 6PM bulletin, the presenters signoff to silence, then fade to black.

4 Likes

Oh god, the IMPACT font for stories, anyone?

5 Likes

With blood dripping off the words or huge tire skid marks across the screen etc.

So tasteless.

1 Like

Yes - but it seems they only ever started crashing into ACA once Nine bought NWS from WIN
Prior to that, they had a proper sign off and closer

Voice over introduction for Alicia Loxley on the Melbourne bulletin tonight but Brett McLeod is presenting! :laughing:

5 Likes

I understand that the local news for Sydney and Brisbane returns Jan 22. Not sure about Adelaide though.

2 Likes

I’m just trying to understand something right now. Nine News Sydney started off with breaking news on the Newcastle bushfires. What’s confusing me is how is it breaking news if they already have Airlee Walsh up there, have done a live cross and she’s recorded a story on it. Just because it happened today does not make it breaking news at 6pm. I just found it to be an attempt to attract people who may not be paying attention and make the sit down and watch because the words breaking news used to be pretty powerful. This story, however, wasn’t breaking as it appears Airlee has been up there for at least a few hours.

8 Likes

4 Likes

For those interested the “Peter Overton Returns” promos for Nine News Sydney have basically been just the same generic promos that have been on air for a few weeks now except with the addition of a “Peter Overton returns” voiceover and endtag, so nothing exciting there.

4 Likes

Probably because it is a developing story that has a serious impact on everyone local (although, yes, not technically the definition of breaking news).
The live cross, however, could have contained breaking news about the fire and conditions.

6 Likes

Easy. Airlie was already in our area reporting on the hot air balloon crash just up the road from me. She was filing that story when the firies hit (about 45 minutes away from where she already was).

3 Likes
3 Likes

Nine Live Perth returns tomorrow with a new anchor.

Promo:

5 Likes

Nine Live Perth with TVo:

11 Likes

That backdrop looks more suited to 7pm than 4pm

6 Likes

So who now does the Today Perth News?

I checked and it wasnt on this morning.

1 Like

Some caps of the 4pm and 6pm News Bulletins in Melbourne from today.

Afternoon News

6pm News

13 Likes

The afternoon news hasn’t started yet due to the over run of the tour down under. Looks to be finishing up so we might be in for a 30 minute bulletin at 4:30pm.

1 Like

Very abrupt ending to the 3:30pm edition of the Afternoon News.

1 Like