Nine News Now

Less Air time for Amber… she won’t be happy.

I wonder if Amber will fill in for Jayne on Today Extra if she goes on ML, she’s the original newsreader there anyway.
Although, most likely that will go to Lara Vela

When does Jayne appear on Today Extra?

Oops, I mean weekend today

Allan Raskall celebrating his time on the show just in case:

4 Likes

I interpret Allan’s tweets completely differently,it was his last day presenting Showbiz segment for the year so he was celebrating another year working on the show.

Nine News Now appears to have been axed with Tipping Point returning to the 3pm slot from Monday 3 Feb.

11 Likes

Could possibly go to 2pm… Unless it has been confirmed for sure.

1 Like

It’s not.

Married at First Sight repeats are at 1:30pm - 3pm.

2 Likes

One less Amber Alert I guess.

3 Likes

If it’s true that Nine News Now has been quietly axed over Summer, then I can’t say I’ll particularly miss that bulletin. One of the worst programs on Australian TV (although The Daily Edition is pretty bad too), especially for the Showbiz and Cat Fight Chat Room segments!

The question now is whether the local 4pm bulletins will be back on February 3 or whether Nine have also quietly axed those in favour of reinstating a national edition of Nine’s Afternoon News on a fulltime basis…

5 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised, but would feel bad for the presenters who would be demoted in a way back to reporting duties on a permanent basis. Wouldn’t be surprised if Wendy Kingston cut back her work load only acting as a fill in for QTQ 6pm news. Again it’s game of wait and see until feb 3.

5 Likes

Nine News Now won’t return in the week of Monday 10 February either (according to TV Week). Tipping Point has been scheduled for the 3:00pm timeslot for that week as well.

If NNN has been axed without notice, then this could potentially clear the decks for a Nightline revival.

3 Likes

This article from TVTonight says that Nine News Now will not air over the summer-non-ratings-period. But then, the official television ratings season begins this Monday.

There has been no official release since November re Nine News Now…

4 Likes

Officially, the 2020 ratings year will begin on Sunday. But yeah…if Nine News Now isn’t returning to our screens on Monday, we can probably presume it’s been quietly axed until further notice!

Surely it’s not entirely coincidental that the network is trialling Tipping Point UK at 3pm when Seven pretty much did exactly the same thing with The Chase UK? I’m not a gambler but if I were, I’d be putting money on Tipping Point Australia replacing Hot Seat in the 5pm timeslot on Nine sometime in the next year or so!

2 Likes

Well possibly not totally axed as Nine in Perth did show a program labelled Nine News Now on three days towards the end of the AO.

1 Like

A localised version of the show? That’s news to me. Trialling out state-based-versions of the show, perhaps?

I wouldn’t say Nine News Now won’t return just yet. I presume Nine just want to trial Tipping Point during the ratings season to see if there is any improvement on the summer ratings, which weren’t favourable on the game show. If there isn’t, the news will be back in the same form or another.

2 Likes

To be fair, the British version of The Chase has been on air on Seven since August 2013.

I think that show is up to the 2015 season (when a new Chaser was introduced to that version), and from what I can think, the season of Tipping Point that Nine is airing is from the first quarter of 2018 (as that’s when they introduced the reward of winning 20,000 pounds if the jackpot counter and double counter fell on the same turn).

Put that thing at 5pm and Nine will be #5 in the timeslot behind SBS. The most boring, pointless POS show I have ever seen.

2 Likes