Nine News Now

Discussion for Nine News Now

Archived Topic

Nine News Content and Appearance

I was going to make a topic for Nine News Now but since not many use it any more and instead add the info to the other 9 News sections, I thought it wasn’t necessary.

Just read Amelia is on Morning News so is she also presenting Nine News Now this week?

Hasn’t been on this week yet, due to cricket.

Ok thanks Lepatron for the update.

Vicky Jardim is presenting today.

I notice today’s bulletin is shown into Perth. Watching it at Perth Airport before my flight to Melbourne. I remember it was shown on delay into Perth previously.

Have to agree, Its not like we need a separate forum for Seven Morning News.

[quote=“JohnsonTV, post:7, topic:349, full:true”]
I notice today’s bulletin is shown into Perth. Watching it at Perth Airport before my flight to Melbourne. I remember it was shown on delay into Perth previously.
[/quote] My understanding is NNN has been live into Perth for a few months now hence the sign-off at the end of the bulletin.

With Amelia Adams presenting the Morning and Afternoon News again this Friday, Julie Snook presented Nine News Now.

New very bassy opener for Nine News Now.

a thumping “bum bum bum” sting for the new opener… graphics similar to the newer ones they’ve been opening 4pm with their “breaking news” strap.

[quote=“MarkHD, post:10, topic:349, full:true”]
New very bassy opener for Nine News Now.
[/quote] Very interesting. Julie Snook is presenting all this week, whilst Amelia Adams is reading Morning and Afternoon News and Lara Vella covers Snook’s shift on the Early News.

The “3, 2, 1” bit is a bit weird but otherwise it looks good.

What I’d really like to know…is this new titlecard just something for that bulletin or is possibly a sign of further presentational changes for Nine News in 2016?

Any caps of the new opener?

yep Snooki is reading.

This new bass line for Cool Hand Luke used in this bulletin is a lot like Ten’s modified “Late News” theme from 2008 - 2011.

A heavier bass line seems more dramatic and is quite weird on why it’s being used for that bulletin.

Thanks to daylight savings:

Looking even more tabloid in its presentation with bright colours, flashing bits and the ‘countdown’.

Video

Aside from the 3 2 1, I don’t mind it and the theme sounds alright.