Nine News Local

Sunshine Coast News - including live report

4 Likes

Great timing on all of those caps! :joy:

5 Likes

Nine News Local in Southern NSW is beginning to climb its way up the ratings finishing in the daily Top 10 programs.
Last night’s bulletin made it into the Top 10 for the Central West, Riverina and Illawarra markets.

Mod: RegionalTAM data may not be posted.

5 Likes

SNSW? As in Southern NSW? They need to fix up the station…7 Queensland and NBN don’t reach that far down. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I think whatever measuring service are just being lazy wankers… and that’s wankers with a heavy London accent.

3 Likes

I’m surprised it’s in the top 10, the bulletins for Regional Victoria, Southern New South Wales and Canberra and Regional Queensland are all terrible.

You’ve told us 1000 times that it is terrible. We get it.

But clearly they have hit some niche if it is rating not too badly.

13 Likes

That’s your opinion, but it’s clear most seem to like the offering.

3 Likes

Certainly superior to Win!

3 Likes

Hopefully my post won’t break the rules

Monday’s ratings for the SNSW market (1.5 million people) show:

“9 News Local” getting double the % audience of its relative market that “10 News First” got in the Sydney market on Monday - and the same % share of the market that “ABC News” got in the Sydney market

So, at least in the SNSW market on Monday- 9 News Local is twice as popular as 10 News First Sydney is in Sydney, and equally as popular as ABC News is in Sydney.

For 9 News local in SNSW to be out-rating 10 News Sydney in Sydney by double - says a lot about both services.

For a 5.30 show to equally rate a 7pm show is an excellent result. And to double 10 News First Sydney - also an incredible result.

5 Likes

i would love to know if that 9 news local is still betting win news here in regional vic. the only area i got told win was doing well was here in western vic . but i wonder if that has channged

Additionally on Monday:

In absolute numbers, 9 News Local in SNSW had more viewers than 10 News at 5 in Adelaide and Perth.

Also the project 630 in Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth

And was equal to 9 News Perth 630 (despite the market being almost half the size)

2 Likes

It appears Nine Local is beating WIN in SNSW so I’ll say it’s a similar thing there too.

1 Like

As with the success of the Late News and the Saturday edition of A Current Affair, Nine is showing that live news can still bring in viewers.

4 Likes

NSW BULLETIN - 25/01/2021

Little blooper at the start of the live cross

4 Likes

Jack Hahn appears in the bulletin @TV-QLD has just posted above

8 Likes

Find it interesting SCA gives free plugs for Nine.com.au (advertising), must be part of the affiliation contract, because they’re not paying enough as it is (/sarcasm).

2 Likes

Disappointed an opportunity hasn’t been given to someone who has studied journalism.

1 Like

It is unfortunately not what you know but who you know in that industry @Netflix

Truer words have never been spoken, lol