Nine News Local

I agree, however, Nine like to have a very flashy presentation. They’re already showing off the lovely new metro set on their ads for their regional bulletins, so I doubt that we won’t see it at some point.

Hence why I think they may use it for pre-recorded opener, closer, local windows, with the rest presented live from a green screen.

That’s exactly right. But if the pre-recorded segments are done early in the afternoon on the metro set. It won’t interfere in any way with the 6pm Sydney news.

It’s complicated, but it would work very well if done properly.

4 Likes

And also keep in mind that, with weather coming out of Newcastle (for the Southern NSW/ACT bulletin), we won’t probably won’t see any “zoomed out” shots like we do with with the Sydney bulletin when Peter crossed to Amber for weather, And I imagine Vanessa and Mike Lorigan will be seated close to each other for when he presents Sport. Which means a full proper set wouldn’t make a big difference to presentation since the studio shots will mostly be focussed on Vanessa or Mike.

Might be a different story for the VIC:/QLD bulletins though.

1 Like

Tim Hatfield on twitter: “In the chair for the final day of SCA’s #LocalNews updates for #Canberra, from Monday we’ll air #9LocalNews with @VanessaOHanlon

5 Likes

This time next week it’s Illawarra’s turn to see the final 2 minute SCA news updates.

1 Like

I guess it’s at Mt. Coo-tha. They say that the existing Metro studios will be their production bases.

1 Like

Indeed a sad moment for us all. #putyournoodlesout :sleepy:

26 Likes

Which is usually his main job. I’d say he’s been filling in on the noodle updates in place of those staff that have already left.

2 Likes

Anyone recording the Noodle updates for today?

Yes

12 Likes

Good lord what is going on with that tie/shirt combo?

19 Likes

Adelaide Crows fan?

6 Likes

My word, that is a snazzy ensemble.

13 Likes

Look out ladies!

13 Likes

Someone’s getting loose at the moose tonight

14 Likes

Yep:

https://twitter.com/timhatfield87/status/827369088468946944

21 Likes

Well that’s shut me up

23 Likes

“Kids”

I was gonna make a disparaging meme, but mum said no.

13 Likes

Another user of MediaSpy has been found :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

“Getting a little exciting here at HQ @mikelorigan. #9News #Canberra starts Monday :astonished:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3uN_hKVMAAErBA.jpg

9 Likes

I did not

5 Likes