Nine News Local

Yeah, from memory it launched early July 2017

Local window is starts at between 6:08 or 6:15

I agree re the costs, and the ABC has a local weekend bulletin in the Territory, and that’s probably enough.

They did two local windows for a while and now back to one window.

The format is now starting with about 3 live stories, then to the local news window, then back for some more live stories.

When the bulletins first started, they went to commercial break when the local news window finished.

Here is a montage from last week:

4 Likes

Details?

Paul Taylor is anchoring tonight as usual in QLD/Darwin, where did you get the info from, @Dj_Cazzah ?

1 Like

Adam Hegarty hosting Darwin Tonight

No headline graphics on tonight’s opener:

1 Like

In my opinion there are either too many stories being headlined, or each headline is too long. Vanessa is reading them VERY fast with barely a breath in between each one. I’m not sure how that Illawarra opening compares to the other SNSW markets (obviously it has to be the same length, but did the others trail so many stories?) or to other Nine bulletins in general. You’ve got an hour, love - what’s the rush? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Noticed on the playout to ad break tonight that Nine have included a “tomorrow on Today” promo in the feed, which aired before the SCA ad break started.

1 Like

noticed the same in northern NSW too.

1 Like

Mike Lorrigan presenting sport on Nine’s Morning News.
He seems to be a pretty good presenter!

1 Like

A few NQ stories have been shown statewide the last 2 nights resulting in non-local content being shown in the local windows.

Last night, the bulletin opened with 2x NQ stories shown statewide (a stabbing near Ayr, and a police pursuit in Ayr).
The local window then started with a story about a mine fire southwest of Mackay (irrelevant to the local region), then local stories, the “local” window then ended on a story about a Mackay craft group knitting jumpers for lambs (completely irrelevant to Townsville).

Tonight, we again had a random story from the Mackay market shoved into the local window, about AirBNB usage in the Whitsundays, with a NQ story shown statewide afterwards, about the stabbing near Ayr.

I understand the need to fill the local window when local stories are significant enough to show statewide, but the selection of these non-local stories seems to leave a lot to be desired

3 Likes

a stabbing near Ayr, Near Townsville?

I’ve enjoyed seeing a noticeable increase in live crosses during the regional QLD bulletin recently.

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Thursday:

16%20pm

5 Likes

Montage of tonight’s NQ bulletin.

2 Likes

Sigh. 6:02 and SNSW/ACT has a story about traffic in Sydney. If they’re going to lead with pointless Sydney news, give us the real bulletin with a good anchor and set.

11 Likes

What an absolute joke!

Realistically this won’t happen, but I’d probably go as far as saying Nine News’ Southern NSW/ACT regional bulletins need to be produced entirely from NBN Newcastle. Although that wouldn’t be perfect (ideally, it should be produced in Canberra or Wollongong) it’d still be better than having a bunch of Sydney residents guessing what they think Southern NSW/ACT viewers want to watch.

1 Like

you’re lucky, in NBN land we got it at 6:00

1 Like

see above :stuck_out_tongue: