Nine News Local

That camera is all you really need to shoot broadcast quality HD these days.

And yes the NSW/ACT and VIC versions should be in HD.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I wouldn’t be surprised if Nine News Brisbane gets their new set (if they’re the last market to ditch the 2009-style set, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised) yet is still being produced in SD!

2 Likes

If they are in HD, they’ve just got a viewer!

2 Likes

I think (apart from the studio) the main thing that Brisbane needs is an HD control suite or most probably two - otherwise we would already have the Gold Coast news in HD.

1 Like

Ah yes I’d forgotten that Brisbane was still SD (hopefully HD soon).

I wonder when the Albury/shepparton news will start hopefully by april

Former Win News Canberra reporter Harry Frost is one of the new reporters for Nine News as well as Emma Larouche who read news updates with Southern Cross.

7 Likes

Canberra is confirmed as the first market to get the new news bulletin, in the second week of Feb - then Wollongong shortly after.

Do we expect that the bulletin will go to air in Canberra that week live, with lots of Canberra mentions and live shots throughout the whole bulletin to really bed it in with a local audience.

Then 2 weeks later when things are going a strong and smooth the Canberra mentions are contained to the local windows for news weather and sports and air live, -and the Wollongong pre records are turned on.

Probably every few weeks after that a new local market window will be added. I suspect a kind of slow roll out to have it all happening smoothly

2 Likes

Also…Mike Lorigan (formerly of Prime7 and NBN) as Sports Presenter?

7 Likes

Well it depends on whether Nine want to try to from day 1 do the bulletin as they will later on with the Canberra local news contained to segments (even if read live, and Canberra/one of them could always be live with the rest pre-recorded), or as you’ve suggested emphasise Canberra in the first few nights.
I think the Illawarra edition was promised to begin for the following week, so it’ll only be the first week which is Canberra-only.

Are the presenters of the new services great presenters on TV? I know Jo Hall will be well known as will Samantha Heathwood, but I’m not so sure about Vanessa O’Hanlon. Has she presented news before?

Never. I don’t think she was even in journalism before she was announced as the presenter.

2 Likes

Vanessa O’Hanlon was a radio journalist.

[quote]Born in Melbourne, Vanessa left the city for a regional radio tour honing her on-air presenting and news reading skills at radio stations in Darwin, Shepparton and Alice Springs. Her versatility also extended to Music Director and Copywriter.

http://vanessaohanlon.com/about/
[/quote]

2 Likes

it’s like these bloody reality wannabes becoming radio hosts. Gotta drain the swamp. We need to start now.

this bloke is funny. Cheeky sense of humour. He will keep Vanessa on her toes

3 Likes

your hit rate is off the last few days. between Rove & Sam and this.

1 Like

She presented Weather for ABC News for how long? If that’s not journalism idk what is.

3 Likes

Why do newsreaders have to be journalists? Lots of newsreaders have come from other fields and Vanessa O’Hanlon has worked in radio and of course for ABC News 24 so she has lots of presentation experience if not specifically as a journalist, but then again for all i know she might have.

1 Like

I think it gives the newsreader a higher degree of credibility if they are an experienced journalist ie. that they have a lot of experience in covering news which demonstrates that they know what they are presenting.

4 Likes

TVHead and Hubman, not like you two to miss a sarcastic response to a stupid question!

And I don’t recall making any comment on Rove and Sam (they’re terrible though)

1 Like