Nine News Local

The weather had a blooper as well

4 Likes

At least we can see the backdrop now. If only they would get rid of that fake screen and the fake set to leave a plain keyed landscape.

I’m pretty sure that the screen is real, but they just display chroma key green on it so they can insert the various localised backdrops in.

For all the criticisms at least Nine actually bother to key in different localised backdrops for the regional bulletins (even if they could be improved on), unlike WIN News which just has a generic chroma key backdrop used in all markets.

4 Likes

WIN’s key ends up looking better though - so it’s hard to see the benefit of the effort they go to.

Even SCA’s updates managed OTS graphics that change for each story, it would vastly improve things.

4 Likes

And are also ahead of NBN, who don’t use any local imagery in anything except for some weather shots.

1 Like

Despite the launch of the Far North Queensland bulletin tomorrow night and North Queensland bulletin Monday week, neither have a Twitter or Facebook account established yet.

Here is the ‘set’ from the control room. It appears the plasma is even smaller than that of Victoria’s and NSW’s bulletins (maybe it is the plasma from the old Gold Coast set)

12 Likes

Wonder why they are bothering with a plasma at all if it doesn’t fill the whole shot. Should just use a green screen.

‘plasma’ *

2 Likes

He means the physical plasma which fills the backdrop, not the “plasma” next to the presenter. You can see the Panasonic logo about a quarter of the way up the shot, just next to the guy’s left elbow.

4 Likes

That tells us all that (set-wise) Nine News Regional is somewhat a polished version of WIN News, considering that Nine has no time yet to build a specific physical set.

What a group of amateurs. Should’ve used the old Brisbane set.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Instagram message

You can’t already tell from the giddy smile I’m pretty excited to launch @9newsqueensland regional news in #cairns tomorrow :grin: with my great mates @paul13taylor @nicole.rowles and of course @mickeyd_09 (News Director) and @bennystivala (Executive Producer) .
None of this would have happened without the incredible team of reporters, camera operators, producers, pilots/co-pilots, technical staff, graphics, set-builders and everyone behind the scenes in Brisbane and right across the state (looking at you @jessicallewelyn )! It also wouldn’t have happened without our partners @southerncrossaustereo who we are thrilled to be teaming up with.
Thank you @couriermail & @twistedkristagram for the write-up! We are so proud to bring a dedicated live Nine News service to regional Queensland and hope you’ll join our squad weeknights at 6pm! :tada::clap:

1 Like

100% agree. Just have a green screen covering the whole back wall and key in each local landscape. Perfectly normal from closeups and wide shots without a fake set. As a bonus, would look similar to the Gold Coast.

4 Likes

Presentation of the weekend bulletin really shows just how low key the regional bulletins are.

3 Likes

Promos have started in Mackay today.

Weirdly while the FNQ/NQ promos ended with “See It First” and the date. The Mackay promo ends with “First & Best” again!

EDIT: I posted a youtube video with this post, but it is not showing up!?!

1 Like

Since my videos won’t post for some reason:

Remove the space after the “https” to watch the Mackay 15-sec Promo:
https ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIg39KH_VdU

Mackay 30-sec Promo:

https ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg1ZJywl4So

2 Likes

Nailed it! :smile::smile::smile:

1 Like

The line “live and local” sounds cut off. Something like “Your news, live and local” would’ve sounded better.

2 Likes

Anyone capped any news updates?

1 Like