Nine News Local

I don’t think QLD will have two presenters when NSW and VIC have one.

They brought Jonathan down to move him to QTQ, but baited Darwin-ites by claiming he was still doing NT news.

12 Likes

I actually wouldn’t be overly surprised if Nine continued with two newsreaders for regional Queensland, especially knowing what they’re doing for the 6pm news in Brisbane/South East Queensland, the 5.30pm Gold Coast bulletin and what Seven is also doing because of Nine (even Seven’s local news for regional Queensland has two presenters in most markets).

Although I’m pretty sure Nine aren’t the only network that’s tried that sort of trick before as part of the centralisation of regional TV news production/presentation.

3 Likes

I REALLY hope this is what they do.
Paul and Sam are great together, and I’d love to see them presenting the news together permanently.

The move for Jono is great for his career, but I feel like there’s little point in even airing a Darwin bulletin with him gone.
The bulletin already is extremely QLD-focused (for obvious reasons), but Jono was the one thing that kept it relevant for Darwin.

With him gone, I can only see the Darwin news ratings dropping further.

4 Likes

and I would have paul murphy do sports

Seeing as he doesn’t have a voice over or even a super, does anybody in Brisbane have any idea who he is?

It seems Paul Taylor is replacing Jono on the local news:

1 Like

That’s just people discussing it.

2 Likes

@Read_It_First actually has network sources. He revealed weeks ago that Jono would stay on Brisbane’s weekend news.

Paul Taylor co-presenting alongside Samantha Heathwood tonight.
Really happy to hear this is likely to be a permanent change.

4 Likes

Paul Murphy on sports I asked him how he was going and he said he now does sport for all the regional Qld bulletins

2 Likes

Live cross during Sunshine Coast bulletin

And the story worthy of this treatment? :roll_eyes:

Also seen tonight

and

8 Likes

That is a major state political story? IMO, it sounds more like something Phil Wilmington would do a fluff/puff piece on!

3 Likes

Paul and Sam presenting together tonight

6 Likes

Lighting looks surprisingly good.

2 Likes

It was completely pointless as a live news cross. Nothing new was presented, the location for the cross was only vaguely related to the story and the importance of the report was minimal.

3 Likes

You’re right, looks nicer! Hopefully they decide to move them into a bigger space in the future.

1 Like

And get a new set please. That broom cupboard is just rubbish.

3 Likes

The green screen is still terrible and the audio is consistent with the cupboard that they are in.

4 Likes

It would be slightly more bearable if they removed the fake set windows the key and just had a plain landscape keyed in.

5 Likes

Or better yet (as we’ve discussed on here before) have some sort of live camera feed in each city that they can key in live.
Would certainly give the bulletin a truly “live and local” feel.

I see no reason why they can’t do this in the Darwin market right away, given they already have a live camera there

4 Likes