Nine News Late

He suited Sunday.

But I don’t think his style would suit today styles of shows.

2 Likes

One wonders what NNN Sydney would’ve been like if Ian Ross was the successor to Brian Henderson instead of Jim Waley, but that’s just me…

Anyway, I think if this was to become permanent, and if Pete Overton doesn’t want to present 6pm plus late news permanently, someone like Deborah Knight would be a fantastic choice as a presenter. Though that would mean a massive workday for her.

4 Likes

Of course he still managed to hold up Sydney’s news ratings well after Hendo retired, but when Ian Ross headed to Seven, all those loyal Nine News viewers switched over.

Then the biggest blunder came in 2005 when Mark Ferguson was thrown into the hot seat at just 38 (he turned 39 in February that year). The Seven vs Nine battle in Sydney therefore became a virtual battle of father (Ross, who turned 65 in June 2005) vs son (Ferguson).

Again I’m not suggesting Ross and Ferguson were related, because I know they are not.

1 Like

No Nine News Late last night or tonight. Not scheduled for next Thursday night but it is for Friday.

4 Likes

https://tvguide.9now.com.au/program/nine-news-late/394695/ this may be useful?

2 Likes

I like how Nine still describes programs as being in Wide Screen.

4 Likes

Does this need its own thread? There’s already a thread for discussing 9 News bulletins.

3 Likes

Well The Latest has its own thread… and that’s technically a late Seven News bulletin…

2 Likes

It’s branded and presented as a different show entirley.

This is literally just a 9News bulletin by all accounts.

5 Likes

For the Week 26 April it’s gone

As I suspected it’s not permanent at all

Nine has shown no interest in late news for a decade now

1 Like

Might be because of outdated website listings?

It’s the brand new schedule posted here on MS

1 Like

The program is being coded now as NINE NEWS: LATE EDITION.

2 Likes

so it’s just a 9 News bulletin. Like the early and morning news.

2 Likes

Tonight’s bulletin started with no opener card. the next episode promo for Informer 3838 ended and it immediately jumped into Peter Overton introducing the Virgin administration story.

3 Likes

The last episode is this Friday night.

Beyond that it’s out of the schedule

So much for a late night bulletin.

2 Likes

Revised schedule with Nine News Late (Sun-Wed) and Saturday A Current Affair added

2 Likes

God they cant make up their minds. It will go soon enough.

There were technical issues on the late bulletin tonight, for the majority of it there were no lower third supers at all. And the cross to Melbourne had Kent, UK location:

6 Likes