Nine News Late

What is all this ugly? God.

1 Like

Did Hitch present Australia wide last night or just Victoria???

2 Likes

Hitch presented the late night bulletin?

2 Likes

I had a Nana nap last night - woke up and hitch was on the tv presenting a bulletin

3 Likes

According to Twitter, Pete definitely presented the late news bulletin last night.

3 Likes

Melbourne did not get the national bulletin (according to ratings data) and it was not in the schedule. Perhaps it was a pre-recorded update.

2 Likes

Can confirm Adelaide got Overton.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind seeing other newsrooms produce the late bulletin every once in a while. Perhaps one or two nights a week present the bulletin from Brisbane/Melbourne/Adelaide (and Perth depending on what time the bulletin airs each night) to give metro anchors a bit of national exposure. All states have essentially the same set yet most haven’t ever been seen nationally.

Alternatively have Wendy Kingston present the bulletin every weeknight from QTQ and reinstate Nightline.

8 Likes

It was a five minute update (featuring a few stories) before Footy Classified aired

3 Likes

Why is’nt the Late News airing tonight in Melbourne???

1 Like

Because Footy Classified is on tonight.

I find that unnecessary with no footy. Nine Melbourne should re-think that.

1 Like

Agree.
But some die heart AFL supporters need their fix.

1 Like

Looks like Nine News Late has become a permanent fixture?

Again adds to the argument that Nine News Regional is potentially not coming back.

4 Likes

Very sad, but we all saw this coming. To be honest, I don’t see them making an official announcement on the axing, a bit like Nine News Now.

4 Likes

Well there is over 100 jobs on the line. There will be some sort of announcement or the media will get onto it resulting in an announcement.

It will be huge news in the NT especially where Nine has operated news for almost 40 years. I don’t think they will let go of that region at this stage.

5 Likes

I hope you’re right. I hope they do make an announcement so that Nine comes under public scrutiny over the decision. Local news is integral. Some very fine reporters and camera operators here in NSW’s Central West.

1 Like

Nine could also be waiting for a portion of that $50mil grant to come - but considering all the regional newspapers, other TV stations and potentially radio applying, there won’t be much left of the pie.

2 Likes

This is an interesting article on what Public Interest journalism is and unfortunately, I don’t think Nine News even does this anymore so I sure they’d be eligible for the grants. 60 Minutes barely does this… Article here.

1 Like

Tracy Vo is hosting tonight bulletin, I assume from Perth.

This is one of the great benefits of nine have consistent sets!

8 Likes