Nine News Late

The program is being coded now as NINE NEWS: LATE EDITION.

2 Likes

so it’s just a 9 News bulletin. Like the early and morning news.

2 Likes

Tonight’s bulletin started with no opener card. the next episode promo for Informer 3838 ended and it immediately jumped into Peter Overton introducing the Virgin administration story.

3 Likes

The last episode is this Friday night.

Beyond that it’s out of the schedule

So much for a late night bulletin.

2 Likes

Revised schedule with Nine News Late (Sun-Wed) and Saturday A Current Affair added

2 Likes

God they cant make up their minds. It will go soon enough.

There were technical issues on the late bulletin tonight, for the majority of it there were no lower third supers at all. And the cross to Melbourne had Kent, UK location:

6 Likes

they really like their commercial breaks on this bulletin.

One story > break
Next Story > break
No sport or weather (which could be 5 mins combined), I think there were five breaks when I tuned in yesterday.

2 Likes

What is all this ugly? God.

1 Like

Did Hitch present Australia wide last night or just Victoria???

2 Likes

Hitch presented the late night bulletin?

2 Likes

I had a Nana nap last night - woke up and hitch was on the tv presenting a bulletin

3 Likes

According to Twitter, Pete definitely presented the late news bulletin last night.

3 Likes

Melbourne did not get the national bulletin (according to ratings data) and it was not in the schedule. Perhaps it was a pre-recorded update.

2 Likes

Can confirm Adelaide got Overton.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind seeing other newsrooms produce the late bulletin every once in a while. Perhaps one or two nights a week present the bulletin from Brisbane/Melbourne/Adelaide (and Perth depending on what time the bulletin airs each night) to give metro anchors a bit of national exposure. All states have essentially the same set yet most haven’t ever been seen nationally.

Alternatively have Wendy Kingston present the bulletin every weeknight from QTQ and reinstate Nightline.

8 Likes

It was a five minute update (featuring a few stories) before Footy Classified aired

3 Likes

Why is’nt the Late News airing tonight in Melbourne???

1 Like

Because Footy Classified is on tonight.