Nine News Darwin

Update during Nine News at 5;

1 Like

Opener:

6 Likes

Is tonight’s bulletin an hour?

1 Like

The bulletin is great and exactly what Darwin needs.

Regional should consider going between 6-7pm.

Bulletin kicked off with about 10-15 minutes of election then national news. Local content has just returned now.

1 Like

It would be great if they could present Nine News Local at 5.30 for QLD and then go 6-7 for Darwin with Paul Taylor / Johno

1 Like

I’m expecting Paul will be allocated to Darwin. Gives them a half hour gap between QLD and NT timezones to get organised if they do it at 6:00pm for Darwin.

4 Likes

Nine live at TIO Stadium for Dreamtime Match

Nine suffered a glitch with the weather.

They were meant to do it live at Mindil Beach but “suffered a technical glitch”

1 Like

Did they have a separate sport and weather presenter?

Separate weather - news and sport is the same.

Error mentioned here.

4 Likes

Thanks for the upload.
Paul is a great presenter. I really hope that they do decide to give the NT a local bulletin, and especially now that it is possible during the week.

Would be great, but I feel like an hour long bulletin would be too long.
A half hour bulletin would be much better.

My suggestion is air Nine News Brisbane live 5:30pm - 6:30pm and then air Nine News Darwin live 6:30pm - 7:00pm.

2 Likes

Same cost to do full hour bulletin. I’m not sure why you would show NNQ into NT?

They had a good mix of local and national content on tonight’s news. Plenty of live crosses.

It’s what Darwin should’ve got in the first place.

1 Like

And a bonus that the Brisbane regional studio would be free for Darwin to use in that timeslot. The Local QLD news would’ve finished up an hour before, gives them plenty of rehearsal time for the Darwin news.

Full set of caps:

7 Likes

Better weather report than Nine News Local bulletins.

1 Like

All NT Election updates from Saturday;

UPDATE 1

UPDATE 2

UPDATE 3

UPDATE 4

UPDATE 5

4 Likes

Given how long these “updates” are, it was a stupid decision to air regular programming in between.

Does anyone know how the 6PM bulletin rated?

It was a terrible decision. No one watched lol

The breaks with programming between the coverage were about 15 minutes and the updates had no ad-breaks. Would’ve been a better idea to air a normal broadcast with ad-breaks as normal.

Coverage didn’t start till 7:30 local time either - viewers would’ve tuned out during ACA infomercials :upside_down_face: They should’ve started right after the news and had Paul say “That’s all from us, standby for Jono in the studio for your NT Election Coverage”

Knowing the cost of an election broadcast, Nine would’ve had little to no ROI on this broadcast due to the execution.

1 Like

Last night’s news;

3 Likes