Nine News Darwin

Not Broadcasting News?

6 Likes

Prime7 Tamworth’s Georgie Dickerson is joining 9 News Darwin.

1 Like

Has someone left?

1 Like

Wendy Kingston will be presenting Nine News Darwin tonight :rotating_light::rotating_light:

10 Likes

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

@TV-QLD Not sure if I was seeing things but I had a look on Nine News Darwin’s twitter and there was a breaking development on the Darwin Salties and Paul Taylor was presenting. Not sure if that was from yesterday or today.

That was from yesterday :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I wasn’t available to capture the bulletin - hopefully someone else has.

1 Like

From Wendy -

9 Likes

I’m getting late 80s and 90s QTQ News set vibes.

3 Likes

Yeah the old QTQ set used to be in the back of the newsroom. The map on the wall above the new newsroom backdrop has been there ever since.

2 Likes

Last night’s bulletin -

Presented by Paul Taylor -

Weather with Amy Clements -

There is a new voiceover in the intro now mentioning Darwin presenter names.

9 Likes

Did they just add the phrase “with Paul Taylor” in the intro VO? Would’ve been better if they align the VO with the rest of the metro areas, i.e. “This is Darwin’s 9 News, with [insert presenter name].”

1 Like

Who’s controlling the bulletin now? Sydney?

Sounds good with the presenter name in the VO. Never understood why some of Nine’s bulletins don’t introduce their presenters.

2 Likes

Sydney :slight_smile:

Tonight’s Darwin closer -

9 Likes

Kathleen Gazzola has also recently returned to her role, with Amy Sinclair leaving Nine completely.

On a side note, Olivana Lathouris is currently in Alice Springs filing reports for various stories around the region including Red Centre Nats :slight_smile: - perhaps a reporter should be based in Alice permanently?

1 Like

The stories from Alice Springs are shocking - deserving of being on the national airwaves every day. Sad though, Nine will never invest the money required.

1 Like

Given they don’t hold a license there that’s no surprise.

1 Like

Must be greasing Imparja for a rate hike if they’re spending resources away from their licence area.

Would be bold of them to try and rise Imparja’s affiliation fees considering they’re bleeding money.