Nine News Darwin

Last night’s bulletin -

Presented by Paul Taylor -

Weather with Amy Clements -

There is a new voiceover in the intro now mentioning Darwin presenter names.

9 Likes

Did they just add the phrase “with Paul Taylor” in the intro VO? Would’ve been better if they align the VO with the rest of the metro areas, i.e. “This is Darwin’s 9 News, with [insert presenter name].”

1 Like

Who’s controlling the bulletin now? Sydney?

Sounds good with the presenter name in the VO. Never understood why some of Nine’s bulletins don’t introduce their presenters.

2 Likes

Sydney :slight_smile:

Tonight’s Darwin closer -

9 Likes

Kathleen Gazzola has also recently returned to her role, with Amy Sinclair leaving Nine completely.

On a side note, Olivana Lathouris is currently in Alice Springs filing reports for various stories around the region including Red Centre Nats :slight_smile: - perhaps a reporter should be based in Alice permanently?

1 Like

The stories from Alice Springs are shocking - deserving of being on the national airwaves every day. Sad though, Nine will never invest the money required.

1 Like

Given they don’t hold a license there that’s no surprise.

1 Like

Must be greasing Imparja for a rate hike if they’re spending resources away from their licence area.

Would be bold of them to try and rise Imparja’s affiliation fees considering they’re bleeding money.

Bad. It feels like WIN News!

How so? Lots of packaged stories and no live crosses?

2 Likes

Big loss of talent of recent, Paul Taylor being utilised on QTQ more than his own bulletin, etc.

Most of the new recruitments have been from WIN as-well.

They mean to say she’s in charge of running the operation, she’s not on air anchoring.

Ah ok.

Looking at the Nine News Darwin Facebook page, it seems Zoe Martin has replaced Jack Hahn in the bulletin, bringing the reporters back to four.

I have noticed that all the reporters are female now (if you don’t count Paul Taylor who lives in Brisbane). Not being sexist, just something I have noticed.

1 Like

Not sexist at all to make the observation.

Is the bulletin being controlled from TCN permanently, or back at QTQ with NBN? Also is Paul Murphy still News Director? If @TV-QLD could get back to me, thanks.

It’s controlled at QTQ now - will return to TCN after Daylight Savings ends.

Paul Murphy is still News Director :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Why the constant swapping between QTQ and TCN? Can’t they keep it in one place or the other?