Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Nine News Sydney needs some new calculators.
This weather intro from Belinda Russell

“The city only warmed up by FOUR (they emphasised the 4) degrees today, from a low of 16 to a top of 22”.

6 Likes

Getting dark on Fraser

6 Likes

A conversation which I’d imagine actually happened in the TCN newsroom this afternoon.

Producer 1: “We need a service station for Hannah Sinclair’s live cross on petrol prices. Have any great ideas for locations?”

Producer 2: “Yeah, the Shell Coles Express is only just up the road. That’ll do!”

Also, I wonder which producer is responsible for doing the puns (and graphics) for the 1st Sport Report each night on Nine News Sydney? Because there was another particularly interesting one tonight…

6 Likes

This is actually a common conversation in all newsrooms at Mount Coot-tha in Brisbane.

3 Likes

There was a Coles Express round the corner from all the stations in Perth.

4 Likes

I once drove past a Petrol Station in Ashgrove on a weekend and saw a camo shooting overlay.

2 Likes

At THOSE prices, you can probably understand Channel Nine not wanting to go any further!

3 Likes

They didn’t even need to go that far, there’s a BP almost directly opposite TCN in Willoughby!

Quite fitting though given that Shell is one of the most expensive petrol stations around, the independent 50m up the road often has petrol for 15-20c a litre less.

2 Likes

I knew that Nine Perth would add Armadale!

1 Like

there’s just so much I hate about that cap holy fuck

Where’s rotto?
What’s with that perspective and graphics ratio?
Why are those graphics so big too?
Why is the only inland centre Armadale?

so much more to say but I’ll get triggered urgh

6 Likes

Different style for the traffic report

2 Likes

2018 Victorian election graphics, seen in Melbourne tonight:

2 Likes

A “Heat Wave” transition animation shown in last night’s Sydney Nine News.

6 Likes

lol heat wave. #bless

3 Likes

who thought this was a good idea. ‘Bushfire Emergency’ I can understand, but heat wave, it’s not the end of the world.

The graphic looks so half arsed. Almost like the dept just slapped an orange colour overlay filter or two on the original transition, turned the opacity down to 50 or so and then in the background put a pic of Sydney. It would look so much better if they did it properly.

4 Likes

Yeah, but this is Sydney we’re talking about.

The media here absoutely loves hyping up Sydney weather events, even if we often don’t get it anywhere near as bad as some other places of NSW and Australia! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The world’s on fire.

1 Like

Opener in Brisbane - good dress choice Melissa.

Credit to ABC

6 Likes

10 years ago, she couldn’t wear green, now she has to stop wearing her favourite red dress. Sigh…

4 Likes

And the second “story” was about how hot it was today

1 Like