Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Oh yeah forgot about the regionals

Can someone please tell me what type of screen is used as the main video wall on these 9 news sets? Is it real or keyed?

Real LED screen.

Yep, the screens on Nine News’ sets are definitely real. If they were chroma keyed, you probably wouldn’t see the slight pixilation or blurriness in some of the zoomed in shots (particularly in HD).

Thanks guys. Just wondered because those ugly graphics look too high def to be on a real screen and tight shots could convince anyone that it’s just a key. (Having only seen caps and videos on my phone) :ok_hand:t3:

Pretty clear looking screens. Ive been through 9 Perths set. I do notice aswell but already probably mentioned on here but Perth have a videowall for weather but the rest of the network has large plasma screens.

It would also make it a bit pointless for Nine to spend thousands or more on the main backdrop screens only to use them as a very expensive key.

Not sure about the other cities, but Adelaide gave a Facebook Live tour of the set and took viewers behind the main backdrop screen to see the layout of the individual panels.

5 Likes

Chroma keying off an LED wall is disastrous. I’ve tried it.

1 Like

Bit of a technical fault in Melbourne tonight with the 9news.com.au super running through a number of stories.

5 Likes

Why would you do that? :joy:

Fire alarm went off some hours earlier. May have messed up VizRT?

Brenton Ragless will return to the Adelaide news tonight after his summer spent over in Sydney on Today.

5 Likes

Just curious to see if anyone knows how long reporters have been using microphones with the website on them? I’ve only just noticed

1 Like

The “9News.com.au” branded mic flags have been in use for about a month (and possibly longer) here in Sydney.

3 Likes

Ah fair enough. I think they’ve only just come to Adelaide. Could be wrong. But tonight was the first night I noticed it.

they have slowly filtered in to Adelaide’s bulletin over the last couple of weeks

1 Like

That makes sense lol

1 Like

Automation gremlin with the wrong camera kicking in during weather.

Erin having a cuppa.

10 Likes

And playout issues in the preceding ad break:

3 Likes

Out of all the capital city automated news studios, how come Nine Sydney is the only one that sems to have these problems?