Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Nine Live Perth with TVo:

11 Likes

That backdrop looks more suited to 7pm than 4pm

6 Likes

So who now does the Today Perth News?

I checked and it wasnt on this morning.

1 Like

Some caps of the 4pm and 6pm News Bulletins in Melbourne from today.

Afternoon News

6pm News

13 Likes

The afternoon news hasn’t started yet due to the over run of the tour down under. Looks to be finishing up so we might be in for a 30 minute bulletin at 4:30pm.

1 Like

Very abrupt ending to the 3:30pm edition of the Afternoon News.

1 Like

Adelaide is local today, so I’m guessing that started last Monday.

1 Like

Yep, pretty sure it started on Monday in line with the TDU on. 9 Adelaide had 9 Live Adelaide and the 9 Afternoon News with Amelia Adams today as well due to the shorter TDU today cause of the intense heat.

2 Likes

Oh dear… not very good from the station that prides themselves on its cricket coverage.

Tonight on the Sydney 6pm news, sports presenter Erin Molan said that the Adelaide Strikers had “an 11 wicket win” in the BBL. It should have been an “11 run” win.

1 Like

Adelaide has been granted a standard closer (closing pan with sting) on the 6PM bulletin due to the cricket in place of ACA.

It is possible for us to get a standard closer after all…

4 Likes

Brisbane

9 Likes

Video

6 Likes

Just awful! Why are there no introductions to the readers?

5 Likes

I have to agree, although with much respect to the late veteran Peter Harvey, I think it’s time to start new with new voiceovers for Queensland bulletins. Especially with the regional Queensland editions who probably still have no idea who Jonathan Uptin is (and vice versa for Darwin audiences with regards to Samantha Heathwood).

7 Likes

They could at least have a super with the name of the presenter.

7 Likes

That’s what Sydney did for it’s Christmas Day bulletin in 2015 when Peter Stefanovic presented. The Peter Harvey voiceover stopped after “Nine News” on that occasion.

2 Likes

Personally, I think there really needs to update the Opener voiceovers and the theme music.

Although realistically, I wouldn’t be overly surprised if that (or any current elements of Nine News’ branding, aside from refreshed promos and whatnot) doesn’t change until the studio move from Willoughby to North Sydney happens in two or three years time.

4 Likes

I personally would love a re-jigged theme as well. It is now currently the oldest news theme music in Australia (since SBS updated there’s late last year). Nine’s is at least 10 years old now.

3 Likes

GWN7 and Southern Cross Tasmania are still keeping the 2004 version of the Seven News theme alive.

But aside from that, Nine indeed now has the oldest news theme music on Australian TV (the 10 year in use milestone was passed on Sunday) after the 2005 SBS World News theme music was retired with their latest relaunch.

1 Like