Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Peter Hitchener was on Nova 100 breakfast this morning. He said he did not have any input on the new set, and joked he would be waiting for a congratulatory call at 7.01pm!

2 Likes

Presumably he gets a say on what comfy chair they get!

1 Like

LMAO :smiley: :smiley:

Press conference with some politician live from Nine

Also on ABC and ABC24

4 Likes

Also of interest is that Peter said the set is HUGE - to put to rest the debate that has been on here about whether the set is actually big or just looks big on camera.
He also said that he has to take his shoes off before walking onto the set.

5 Likes

Did he elaborate further on this? Can imagine it may be to protect the flooring or something, but can’t imagine he would stand shoeless presenting on the runway section in front of the big screen.

3 Likes

Probably just to protect the black shiny ring around it.

I think it was probably a joke…

8 Likes

If Nine News Melbourne plans to do the same sort of standing headline recap segment that Sydney is doing now, we’ll more than likely be seeing Peter Hitchener wearing some sort of glossy black shoes (like Peter Overton has been, along with the full business-like suit and everything) during the wideshot tonight!

Afternoon News airing in Melbourne. No changes.

3 Likes

Peter Hitch always wears a full suit and shoes.

4 Likes

Melbourne set posted on twitter this afternoon

13 Likes

Also from Twitter:

10 Likes

11 Likes

Compared to the old set, yes, it’ll be huge. But the old set isn’t exactly that big either. Like I’ve said earlier, I’ve seen the Perth set in person and can say that the wide angle lenses really do make a difference.

Looks a bit different to the Sydney and Perth sets in the corner.

9Live Adelaide:

14 Likes

Love that new backdrop in Adelaide. Also good to see sport presenter and plasma added to the desk.

QUEENSLAND: No changes except for the new ‘9 News/AT 4PM’ bug and opener.

5 Likes

@SydneyCityTV Has the ‘national’ bulletin been rebranded as ‘9 LIVE’ like Adelaide, Queensland and Perth’s local bulletins?

1 Like

No. There were no changes at all.

2 Likes

I didn’t catch it unfortunately but from what I’ve been told, there have been no changes made to the semi-national Sydney-produced edition of Nine’s Afternoon News.

1 Like