Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Farewell Melbourne!

7 Likes

Saturday night in Sydney wasn’t any better. This happened during the headlines…

10 Likes

keep in mind that Mosart is as integrated or as seperated as the network wants it to be. Ten use the automation program to control vision, graphics and audio… Nine are using it to control vision, graphics, audio, cameras and lighting, that brings in a helluva lot of variables that all need to be factored in.

Mosart will do what it’s programmed to do, if the producers haven’t set up the templates correctly then it’s going to do weird stuff. Moreover, if the producers insist on producing the bulletin the same way with automation then they are going to have issues… they need to adapt to what they have.

Nine perth probably has very few issues because they started from scratch.

10 Likes

The dotless Nine is back, flying over Sydney

16 Likes

Alicia Loxley farewells the old set. https://www.instagram.com/p/BP12THqFrJN/

3 Likes

I doubt they’d be plasmas, Alicia.

She’s referring to the set in the pic. They’re plasmas

1 Like

Reminds me of this instantly

The Great Invasion Attempt of 2006 involved giant logos floating over Random Locations.

From 9 News’ Uncyclopedia.

5 Likes

I’m glad this is a thing that exists! :joy:

That’s what I meant… That surprises me about it being a plasma.

Yes, I Agree. Also remember that Studio 23 at Nine is Automated too. :blush:

2 Likes

You have to wonder though, if Ten – with all their cuts to news and constant slashing of the budget – can run Mosart but still afford to have PEOPLE behind the cameras (cam operators, floor manager), why can’t “Sydney’s number 1” news do the same?

2 Likes

Probably because TEN isn’t run by an investment firm… who are only interested in $$$$$

2 Likes

Ten Melbourne also has the cammos on hand for The Project 30 mins later.

Agree. Doing a live news broadcast through Mosart means every mos command has to be entered correctly or else there will be problems. Whatever producers enter in is basically what goes to air unless the director or mosart pilot as called by 9 fixes it on the fly which isnt as quick as manual.

1 Like

Nines staff where trained for months before going to air.

1 Like

Whats wrong with a director talking down ifb to tell talent which camera to look down??

1 Like

Also Cam was on the other side of the desk (the Seven side!) during the main sport block with no wide shot back to Pete:

8 Likes

It will be good seeing Melbourne using the new set tonight. I’ve been in Melbourne on holiday for the past week and the Nine News broadcast is very polished. I can understand why Nine wins as Peter just seems like such a good bloke, I must add that Peter Mitchell is also a good presenter. However I feel that people watch Nine News because Peter is just so welcoming and kind and you feel like you know him while watching Nine News.

7 Likes

I actually like the idea of Mosart, once all the templates are correct. You could get to breaking news with a live cross, vision and grabs one story down if needed.

Just look at 10 Perth’s coverage of the plane crash on Australia Day, they did have a crew at a good vantage point but they kept using those resources. There was one hiccup where there was some miscommunication between director and producer but otherwise it was great.

1 Like