Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

“Live and local”

15 Likes

Taking a subtle jab at 7 news with the afternoon news no longer being local :grin:

14 Likes

Saw that coming a mile away…

9 Likes

Well they make a very valid point. Still not too sure about this 5pm business, I think they may have done more harm than good shifting it to that time-slot. Is there any appetite for news at 5 till 6 and then 6 till 7 in Adelaide.

2 Likes

Good on Nine! They were quick to jump on it, and with good reason!

6 Likes

Hardly subtle

5 Likes

Initially when the promo started airing on Sunday night, it didn’t have the 7 News footage so it was initially a subtle jab and now its a massive left hook.

But 9 doesn’t compete with 7 at 5, so what’s the point of that promo?

1 Like

It’s about the perception of Nine being “Live and Local” in the afternoon and evening, regardless of timeslot, when Seven isn’t.

5 Likes

yeah I get that. But like 9 saying they’re local and live at 5 and 6 is nothing news.
Why they didn’t immediately shift back to 4 is beyond me.

1 Like

Selling Commitment to the market (brand)
Not selling 5pm tune in
Selling what 7 can’t - committed to Adelaide

They may do if there is any backlash against Seven.

But Seven may just as quickly reinstate local 4pm bulletins.

Yes - there isn’t much logic to the promo - it’s more about getting a message across with a little point scoring thrown in perhaps. However, Nine is really in competition with 10 at 5pm. 10 have live and local news in that timeslot. while Nine have left the 4pm hour completely to Seven which has allowed Seven to get away (at least for now) with a non-local bulletin.

As seen in the ratings article, yesterday in Adelaide, Nine News had 26,000 across its 5pm hour while 10 had 45,000. 10 News was also in front of The Chase at 5pm (but not at 5.30). 10’s 6pm bulletin also rated higher than Nine’s 5pm bulletin.

Perhaps, Nine really are targetting the wrong bulletin.

2 Likes

Welcome to Channel 9’s North Sydney Studios!

22 Likes

@Leo_Puglisi6 Where you got this?

1 Like

Sorry, but that is a terrible office layout. Barely any room between work stations.

2 Likes

The spacing looks pretty standard for this day and age (pre-COVID at least) but I hope they have some dividers awaiting installation.

Nothing quite like getting a view of your coworker’s crotch when they decide the raise their desk up and stand directly opposite you.

2 Likes

Unless they are attractive :rofl:

2 Likes

This appeared during the NRL “Golden Point” program tonight, but why not use a proper “Nine News Exclusive” bug like you’d see during a news bulletin?

3 Likes

I kinda like it! It goes nicely with the NRL graphics. I reckon the nine bug would be too distracting :thinking:

1 Like