Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

How come Melbourne still gets a simulcast and Sydney doesn’t?

Edit: Brisbane and Perth still have their bulletins simulcast. Looks like it’s just Sydney that got shafted.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure Hope 103.2 stopped simulcasting Nine News Sydney due to that station launching their own radio news service to replace the Macquarie National News (and 2UE News before that) service aired previously.

TBH, I’m actually surprised Nine haven’t yet decided to move the radio simulcasts of their 6pm bulletins onto one of their own stations.

5 Likes

Much better all that’s missing is a liveshot, should put a cam up in Bondi Junction, something different.

Always like watching the team when I’m up on the Coast, Garry Youngberry does move his hands around alot though.

They still have the set it Is used for Weekend Today and A Current Affair.

I dont think that’s the set he’s talking about.

1 Like

But its the same studio space just turned anti clockwise 90 degrees with the news shot using it as a backdrop (Caps from Today thread by @TV.Cynic)

A Current Affair (Caps via @Abesty)

8 Likes

Just me or does the screen look a whole lot brighter?

I believe all capital cities including Darwin and Adelaide have a simulcast except Sydney?

Brisbane: River 949
Melbourne: 89.9 TheLight
Adelaide: 1079life
Perth: Sonshine 98.5
Darwin: 104.1 Territory FM

1 Like

Doesn’t Sydney still simulcast on Hope 103.2?

Nope, ended at the end of last year if I’m not mistaken.

Ah of course - presumably due to the merger/takeover of Macquarie Radio?

2 Likes

Yeah, the merger/takeover of Macquarie Radio and Hope 103.2 launching their own news service (as mentioned earlier) would’ve been major contributors in Hope 103.2’s decision to end their simulcasts of Nine News Sydney.

It’ll be interesting to see (or more to the point, hear) what happens with the 6pm bulletin radio simulcasts in other markets in the medium-long term future.

1 Like

A rare element of the 2012 graphics presentation. Looks VERY dated now, doesn’t it?

10 Likes

Why is 9 Brisbane using the regional newsreader for their “alert” tonight? Or did he read the 6pm bulletin as well?

Yes he did

2 Likes

I much prefer this method of acknowledging the source than one whereby networks plaster their logo everywhere so much that you can barely see the actual footage underneath it. Wish this kind of thing happened more often. Well done Nine,

12 Likes

Fake snowing on Brisbane’s news report tonight!

8 Likes

Whenever I see Annie Pullar reporting I know I’m in for some sort of paid promotion or over-exaggerated news story.

6 Likes

Horrid new promo airing in Melbourne regarding COVID-19 coverage. It consists of a booming voiceover and large pictures being accompanied by slamming noises. Extremely sensationalist, very ACA.

1 Like

I was having drinks with friends tonight and they mentioned they saw a news promo this afternoon (in Melbourne) that sounding like they were advertising a new action movie being released… “The Second Wave”… was this it?

2 Likes