Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Looks like a parody of a over-hyped news promo…

Especially with a missing cat.

22 Likes

And that the stabbing headline gives the impression that it occurred in QLD.

They’ve starting using those style of promos in Melbourne and they’re just really out of place :confused:

Looks like they have adopted it from the one in Sydney a couple of weeks ago

I thought it was a good match for the afternoon coverage that in part looked like a parody. The number of times the one loop of vision was repeated across the one hour of the coverage was ridiculous; no sooner had it played and it was run immediately again. I started a tally and lost count at 20. Then, to add to the coverage, the “tape” kept freezing which would mean the vision would start up again.

Also seen this afternoon:

2 Likes

Peter Overton said during a Sydney news update tonight that there would be a special bulletin covering the latest on the Sydney stabbing at 9:40pm.

4 Likes

More to the point, where’s Amanda Paterson’s Walkley?

3 Likes

That flat white 9 news logo and super looks new also, though the ugly gradient and thin font really ruin it.

1 Like

You never know from one day to the next what Nine News Qld promos are going to look like. Perhaps they have a font randomiser (patent pending) :slight_smile:

Promos had recently looked like this including Monday (still with the cat).

5 Likes

Deperate search? :thinking:

5 Likes

A blink and miss moment for Perth viewers.

5 Likes

2 local fisherman? :thinking: :thinking:

Looks like this will be the style for Nine News Qld promos (at least for a while). Nine will be hoping they work better than on Tuesday where the bulletin recorded its lowest Tuesday numbers in survey since the Commonwealth Games in 2018.

Promo 1 - multiple stories. The 9 News logo on the top left slowly across the promo.

Promo 2: single story

2 Likes

I’m confused, is cookie the name of the cat, or is that a quote of the cat wanting a cookie?

1 Like

The ACA-style promos fit the content of Brisbane’s bulletins quite well :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

A bit of a blast from the past I noticed yesterday afternoon. Shame there hasn’t been any big promotions to mark the milestone.

5 Likes

As seen last week in Brisbane.

1 Like

Rather questionable contact names and messages being written on 9NewsWatch archive footage

Wouldn’t it be great if they misspelled Daddy Cool and they were texting the lyrics to Eagle Rock.

1 Like

Quite a different backdrop seen this afternoon on Nine 4pm News in Sydney!

Forgive me if this has been used before, first time I have seen it, and I quite like it!

2 Likes