Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

It’s a good promo!
Fresh and clean looking

4 Likes

Nothing says social media like #scomovictory

3 Likes

Ahh, ok. Just assumed it was Melbourne, as it was Melbourne news

2 Likes

Promo has been airing on Nine today.

2 Likes

That flat logo treatment is something they should be doing on air, not 500 different iterations of the glossy 3D mess that screams 2009

Wonder how long Facebook will support these new programs for? I say this because Facebook did a similar thing with US news outlets last year only to then slash funding for some of those programs six months later. They ultimately only renewed a 1/3 of the shows they originally funded.

Another point - if any of these new shows are successful, the network behind it might follow what CNN has done with ‘Anderson Cooper Full Circle’ (ie; pull it off Facebook & make it available only on their digital platforms so they can control the ad inventory).

All pre recorded so it seems.

Here it is

4 Likes

They’ve done a good job with this, from
the graphics, length, variety of news offered etc but Sylvia’s piece to cameras feel very pre-recorded. There’s no live element to the broadcast which it’s really lacking IMO, it could just be the way it’s presented. From the promo it looked like it would be coming from the Today Extra / ACA studio however.

8 Likes

Nine Gold Coast News Promo July 2019:

6 Likes

It’s a bit back to the future… 9msn Newsroom… that lunchtime online bulletin… similar thing but now on Facebook and uploaded during the evening.

5 Likes

Yeah I reckon it’s better than 7news Facebook watch. But problem with the audio on their 9News watch tonight

2 Likes

It is coming from the ACA/Today Extra studio. It’s the same studio where daytime news used to be broadcast from.

4 Likes

Agree - it feels really un-natural and pre-recored and forced - yet pretending to be live. Considering the typical social media consumer - I think authenticity is really important - and this doesn’t feel that. They need to either do it live or “live to tape” - but every other aspect is done well.

Like 7NEWS and The Latest - they did a bad job explaining what FB watch is and how to find / watch it. Lots of confused comments on the video itself saying this.

Standing opening on the Gold Coast tonight

6 Likes

Queensland Afternoon Update via Gold Coast relay 2/8/2019

5 Likes

I believed Melissa Downes once presented Nine Gold Coast News in the noughties?

1 Like

Not sure about that, but she definitely hosted the ill fated Version 1.0 of Seven Gold Coast News that launched in 1998 (which also aired on Prime at 6:30).

3 Likes

Hyperbole?

Plus a couple of the statements in the article are incorrect - I wonder what the source was.

E.g.

“mesmerising light show occurs every August as the Swift–Tuttle comet shoots past Earth” not really the comet’s orbit will not bring it near Earth until 2126.