Nine News Content and Appearance

Still better than the “Fighting For Queensland” promo that Channel 9 Brisbane constantly air.

Speaking of Channel 9 (9 News Brisbane in particular), they seem to have quite a hard on for the “youth crime crisis”, it has been the headline story for nearly 1-2months now, and it’s quite obvious that they are exaggerating it further for the ratings, the constant fearmongering that they use for it and other topics doesn’t help either, especially during the COVID era.

3 Likes

A lot of not exclusive items in there.

I much prefer the horizontal logo. The only issue I have is it should have been white in that promo. Blue on blue gets lost

3 Likes

Hardly original.
We’ve had 10 News First for years and 7 use a “7 News First” watermark I’m pretty sure.

1 Like

When ratings start to fall … we come up with a new slogan. When the competition gets a new set … we make a new promo.

10 Likes

How about tweaked the set a bit and the graphics too.

I hate the sensationalism at 9 QLD as much as the next, but to be fair, the youth crime is a massive issue here. And it’s obviously in the spotlight more resulting in increase coverage / reporting of incidents. Sometimes they take it too far though.

3 Likes

Didn’t look like he was even mic’d

I’d argue that the “youth crime crisis” is no worse in Qld than anywhere else, it’s just getting air time here.

5 Likes

That’s crap. Would be like comparing Queensland’s underworld crime with New South Wales’ current issues.

2 Likes

Nine News delayed due to NRL Golden Point (Titans & Dolphins)

5 Likes

News should not be delayed fir anything that’s what multi channels are for.

Oh here we fucking go again. DOES :clap: NOT :clap: MATTER :clap:

24 Likes

So it’s worth interrupting a program on another channel for, say, five minutes of a sporting match?

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I just choose to ignore comments like that. It’s a tired argument

5 Likes

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: Ummm I’m pretty sure there are multiple ways people can adapt to this.

Ah yes. The cycle.

34 Likes

you know you’ve posted this like 19 times already, right? we’ve heard you then, you know how we feel

6 Likes

They’re wouldn’t be need to move the news to a multichannel like 9go because of a (barely) 4 minute golden point exntension.

Multichannels sometimes have multiple delays due to it sometimes not counting ads with the program length in the EPG.

1 Like