Nine News Content and Appearance

The changes continue! Melbourne is now using the exact same OTS graphics as Sydney.
Animated too.

Honestly preferred when they were part of the video wall. The swirls on the left now overlap the desk.

8 Likes

I quite like these OTs. The animation in is quite nice too. It’s embracing the balls!

5 Likes

Rates decision

5 Likes

Way too much white backdrop on the single presenter shots.

Why does he need to do that finger in the air thing every month?

3 Likes

As much as I like Pete, I don’t like him announcing the decision and cross talking over Chris. He’s the network finance editor I feel like it’s his job to announce it. Not just to explain. Over on 7 Gemma Acton announced it.

2 Likes

Some technical issues at the beginning of Sydney’s afternoon news- Mark’s microphone wasn’t turned on for a bit and the lights in the studio went out

2 Likes

13 Likes

Even Nine News is struggling in this cost of living crisis

14 Likes

Put another shilling in the meter and we’ll come back.

4 Likes

I haven’t seen this before in the Sydney 4pm bulletin - at the top right, there are screens that have NEX IN 5 CHR to NEX IN 12 CHR underneath. Does anyone know what that all means?

2 Likes

IN would indicate input?

1 Like

NEX IN9 CHR could mean ‘News exchange input 9 channel record’ - various sources like 9’s Dejero’s and other broadcaster LiveU and TVU are assigned to individual channels of their ST2110 network and get recorded by allocated servers or PC’s.

I have been out of TV studios since before digital but its likely that studio technical staff have to be clued these days on bonded cellular/IP, as that’s where the tech’s at these days.

IP ST2110 has replaced the old coax based routing switchers of days gone by.

6 Likes

That last cap made me laugh, Mark looks so creepy without the light.

1 Like

That sounds very logical… thanks!

1 Like

I’m thinking is it worth headlines at the start of the bulletin to be modified to only the top 3 like they used to be? I find the length of them sometimes way too long.

Tonight. I counted 6 in Melbourne

10 Likes

Yes. Always hated how long they are now.
Would like a snappy headline cap at the start of Nine national bulletins too.
Was also nice when Nine did a headline recap towards the end of the bulletin too, right after they moved to this new set.

9 Likes

I agree. I even have an idea in mind. I’ll see if I have time to do a mock for it.

Nine Melbourne need to give reasons for viewers to tune in. Snappier start and straight to it. I would say Hotseat will wind up this year as well as it really is a bad lead in.

Side note seems like the OYS have been changed again. Removed the circle in the middle and it’s the left swirl that animates as the ots comes up.

4 Likes

New promo airing: “Turn to 9News First”, in Sydney. Sounds like 10 News…

2 Likes

“When heartbreak grips our state…When a story must be heard… When news … changes our lives. For trust, for truth, turn to Nine … first”

11 Likes