Nine News Content and Appearance

Not a new reality show but a Nine News QLD promo

4 Likes

They just love their teen crime in QLD…

“Teens Behind Bars” would probably be better viewing than most of the reality junk currently on air.

7 Likes

Looks like it was just mood lighting :wink: The blues walls now look light again.

7 Likes

Seems they are trialing it, so likely to be intermittent tests… but this tweet sounds promising.

5 Likes

The promo for tonight gives some helpful tips not just for homeowners but for the thieves as well :man_facepalming: :

2 Likes

Queensland used one of Nine Sydney’s backgrounds complete with graphics

8 Likes

Maybe Sydney used Queenslands?

Maybe it’s shared?

1 Like

It surprises me if Nine doesn’t currently develop one background for each story for the whole network to use. Would seem inefficient if each state is doing all of their own backdrops.

3 Likes

AFAIK this is part of the graphics tweek had only seen in Sydney so far.

Queensland had been still using the varied backgrounds, but seems to now occasionally use one of the new style.

6 Likes

Not usually

Only a couple of times with the new template - perhaps it will become more frequent.

5 Likes

I’m in Perth visiting, and watching 9 News tonight. I don’t know what it is, but the whole thing feels very ‘budget tv’. I don’t remember feeling this way previously when living in Perth.

3 Likes

VERY old school mic flag used in the late news tonight

6 Likes

Wouldn’t be as old as pre-2006 since it uses the 2008 Nine numeral, though a little over 10 years old maybe?

2 Likes

I think they were using the numeral only up until 2018 or 2019. Not that old.

I’m referring to the actual current numeral design with the sharp corners instead of the rounded ones prior to 2006. Around the 2014 relaunch, they started using this design:

1 Like

No it wasn’t. The numeral was still being used in 2018, if you look back at old Youtube videos.

2 Likes

I did do some video trawling before I saw your response a few minutes back and yes, I have been mistaken.

Had thought it coincided with the red and white dot graphics that tacked ‘.com.au’ to the bottom of the Nine News logo, though I’m surprised it started appearing in 2018. Feels like it’s been around for ages.

If weather is going to be presented like this they should just go back to using the old presentation so that the graphics actually fill up the screen,

2 Likes