Nine News Content and Appearance

2 Likes

Just some minor changes. Not really a major thing.

1 Like

Weather presented like this is MUCH better. You don’t need to be trotting around the set

8 Likes

Yeah they always turning their heads back to the camera

1 Like

Full weather - slight head turn to the right but otherwise to camera.

5 Likes

Overall these were subtle but needed changes.

I’m really hoping Melbourne follow along with all these changes, especially with weather presentation and the consistent story titles on the videowall.
Would also be nice if they returned to standing sport presentation which hasn’t been used since the set first launched.

The only change which feels “meh” is the logo on the desk, but I can see that they’ve done this to break up the usage of the prominent logo (in the full-colour bottom-left logo and on the set).

I also don’t mind the bottom-left logo being solid always.

As I mentioned earlier, some localisation in titlecards and a theme refresh would top it off.

5 Likes

I’m not a fan of the weather. Amber looks awkward, better of how they did is before. Looks like she is just reading the script now, but before looks like she actually knew what she was talking about.

1 Like

The weather graphics using the screen is hard to read and is why I prefer Seven’s graphics. They should use a full screen view without the presenter then cut back to the presenter view after a few seconds same goes with the map showing temperatures. The graphics are not much better then the previous graphics.

I don’t mind the weather standing presentation. Last time, it feels like she was so small behind that black line.
I reckon they might retweak some of the graphics this week or in the coming weeks

2 Likes

Yeah, I was always waiting for someone to take a tumble and end up with a wardrobe malfunction.

That desk graphic looks fantastic :ok_hand:

11 Likes

Yeah it looks so good

5 Likes

I thought I was expecting this for their opener.
With the Sydney red logo on it.

5 Likes

Much tighter angles with the OTS too. It’d be interesting to know the reasoning for this change. Almost back to the future and against the trend others are using.

New packages always start out like this and then the OTS template is slowly phased out in favour of using random fonts, colours and shapes.

Sydney is the only market where Sunday starts the week

It just highlights that they’ve kept that awful ‘news’ font.

I would get rid of the white on the corners and use a lighter shade of blue instead like this:

Same with all the other white on the screens.

2 Likes

Reminds me of the old WIN News National coverup

1 Like

Video of Sydney bulletin

4 Likes

Thtas sort of what I was thinking. It looks like something NBN would have done about 5 years ago, something like this:

4 Likes

NBN did that to all of Nine’s daytime bulletins up until playout was moved to Sydney.

1 Like

Morning news:

7 Likes