Nine News Content and Appearance

Some location sign offs

“In Westmead, Mark Burrows Nine News”
“in Whalan James Wilson Nine News”

But not in others.

Very inconsistent.

5 Likes

Nine do like their incremental changes. Almost as if they hope the audience doesn’t notice which is an oxymoron.

Probably when 3D is trendy again.

5 Likes

Closer shots on desk

4 Likes

New weather graphics as well

2 Likes

8 Likes

Oh that’s MUCH better. Melbourne needs this. Their current shot is way too wide.

This is nice. Obviously taken a cue from 10 and 7 again though.

13 Likes

Amber stands much closer to the camera and no pointing at screen, just standing in same spot.

Shots are much more closer when Pete reads the intros for the stories, and the background text graphics on the screen behind him is consistent with the fonts/colours

4 Likes

The shot for introducing a story has always been closer then other states, but the last few days i’ve noticed it’s gotten more closer.

1 Like

6 Likes

Maybe also time to change the background to the rooftop camera they have at North Sydney. Show a difference from Seven.

1 Like

It reminds me of CBS evening news graphics

Sydney’s backdrop will have more colour when vivid kicks off soon

4 Likes

So much better, actually makes the presenter more prominent instead of having them next to the giant wall. Graphics are nice too!

4 Likes

Return from break

9 Likes

It doesn’t look bad but they need to be consistent, white logo on blue is new but the blue on white logo still hanging around. Pick one and stick with it.

7 Likes

Not sure I rate this just yet.

5 Likes

This horizontal logo won’t work in the other markets two screen desks

Melbourne usually don’t make reactive changes when Sydney do. In the sense of they usually only do full changes when they are implemented, or in the case of the theme they deviated back to cowbells theme as an example.

Interested to see where this goes .

Also why are the dots in the white logo titlecard egg shaped when it’s forming ?

1 Like

For those of us watching from a distance, what’s actually changed? :thinking: