Nine News Content and Appearance

Yep a still.
This is the type of live wideshot they need to use at 6pm though.

3 Likes

I counted 144 locations on the weather ticker. It is very, very detailed which is good.

5 Likes

Absolutely, but sadly it’s not a live shot.

Good little game you can play with all the family trying to work out what half the woefully abbreviated weather locations stand for.

2 Likes

Like WANG :smile:

3 Likes

Was thinking the same about the weather locations. I had no idea what the majority were, but then noticed that they are going around the entire state, not just metro.

2 Likes

Jeez! How long did it take to get through the entire cycle?

3 Likes

Are those story backdrop “supers” new? Usually they use gold text on a lot of them

I estimated around 10 minutes. It feels like they just got every location from the BOM possible and put it on the map. TBH some of the tiny towns don’t need a place on the map.

2 Likes

Why do they use that screen for Lavinia’s weather in that shot? Brings the whole set down.

New backdrop looks great.

5 Likes

Talk about overkill. You only need one for the CBD, a handful for the various suburban areas and then your key regional cities. Could easily save you 3/4 of the list.

5 Likes

Can’t say how it looks on screen, but it looks a little gloomy to me in those caps.

The headline recaps?

New coming up angle:

13 Likes

Why would they have weather at 4pm tho? Is it weather for the next day?

It’s the current temps isnt it?

2 Likes

Nine News, now with Hyperlocal weather!

2 Likes

Was Zumsteina or Zeerust on it!

Everyone knows that’s short for NumberWang. :joy:

Blooper at the end of Sydney with a delay on the weather gfx then a delay in cutting back to Pete. He spoke without his mic on then when they finally turned it on he said “microphones on”. Not great leading into Ally’s first ACA.

2 Likes

Shh no one notice

1 Like