Nine News Content and Appearance

Looks out of place with it being the only white/red element. Might look better if the backdrop camera was bigger so you didn’t see the blue elements

6 Likes

Queensland sport from Melbourne was less than ideal on Monday.

Better tonight, with rain and a new location.

1 Like

Looks like 7

1 Like

It should never be just for the sake of it. Leave it for special coverage.

2 Likes

It was the same place where Sydney and Perth sport was done Yesterday. Melbourne was in a different location. Today QLD sport is being done from where Melbourne sport is done. All metro markets are having sport done in Melbourne. (exc. Adelaide)

Adelaide is being done from studio as normal, as well as Gold Coast, NBN and Darwin.

Why? 7 Melb opens with standing every night pretty much. It seems to be working for them.

lol I don’t think standing at the beginning of the bulletin is why people are watching.

4 Likes

You lose the novelty of it, so, you’re not left with many options presentation wise to distinguish a big news story from everyday items (likely Seven’s point ). Even so, if there’s no live cross or infographic to project up on to the mega wall then the standing presentation adds nothing.

Plus, you should really cater your presentation to whoever the anchor is. If they look uncomfortable/awkward standing there, leave them at the desk (Peter Mitchell falls into this category too).

Agree. Was just confused re the view it should be left for special coverage.

Lester Holt opens NBC News standing Huw Edwards opens BBC News at 10 standing.

Don’t reckon Mitchell looks awkward. Hitchener does though.

The breaking news colours and layout looks like the 1News NZ breaking news graphics

1 Like

Any changes to the sport and weather graphics? Does it look like blue background still or a white background with blue fonts?

Why is Nine using a left hand drive vehicle in this graphic on the Sydney Harbour Bridge?

8 Likes

Why are the tickets on top of the windscreen wiper?

2 Likes

It was a report about proposed changes to the points demerit system in NSW if the Liberals get re-elected in March.

I knew that part, I was making fun of the dodgyness of it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

QLD tonight

TBH I would prefer if the Nine News logo was turned red here. It sticks out like a sore thumb compared to everything else.

12 Likes

Overall that’s a lot better than QLDs red overload beforehand.

7 Likes

QLD still had the full screen breaking news preceding

It can be seen at the start of the latest promo:

1 Like

If that’s not already red overload, I’d hate to see what you’re referring too.

Warn me to put my sunglasses on first before you do!