Nine News Content and Appearance

Nine pre-empted the start of the FINA Short Course Championships with a special morning news bulletin regarding the police shootings in Queensland. Looks to be a 30 minute bulletin based on EPG.

Swimming pushed to 9Gem

3 Likes

Disagree. Seven’s graphics look relatively cheap and generic and the sets… well they’re all different and vary greatly in quality across the country.

I think Nine’s sets and graphics stand out as being the cleanest and slickest of all the commercials currently. The added bonus is they’re all close to identical allowing flexibility for where national bulletins are presented.

5 Likes

I agree with @Nicholas. Nine may have better sets, But 7’s graphics look a lot better IMO.

8 Likes

One thing I don’t like is their supers on Seven are right aligned instead of left aligned

2 Likes

Perth promo

4 Likes

I’m guessing that’s more a threat to Ten saying their newsreader is in Sydney. Ratings are more or less on parr.

1 Like

National afternoon news from next week.

3 Likes

Part that, part a long standing, and incorrect assumption from many in Perth that only Seven is local.

2 Likes

How? Was Nine once presented from somewhere else? Or is it that their set looks too good to be in Perth :joy:?

It’s not a bad promo. Better than that latest Melbourne one. However, it doesn’t really fit with the inexperienced Perth team.

Inexperienced? Michael Thompson has been there for at least 20 years.

7 Likes

News delivered by Queenslanders for Queenslanders.

“The face you know” isn’t really fitting. Rick, Sue and Narelda would be far more recognisable. If you do “know”, you are more likely to associate Michael with sport.

Also, hard to “trust” the wider team when they have very few runs on the board. I’ll give them Tracy but the rest? Presumably you’d pick your best to line up in the promo…How many have been there for more than five years? I just don’t think their team is their competitive strength that would sell them in promos. Localism is a better angle for them.

2 Likes

Much better promo, better than their fear promos during the pandemic

1 Like

Nine News Gold Coast opener for Bruce Paige’s last night

Later report interviewing crowd.

Coming up tributes.

9 Likes

The montage of highlights ran straight out of the first ad break. Somehow they forgot Bruce read the news for 10 Brisbane though.

Then tributes up to the next ad break.

News continued after break.

7 Likes

Video from tonight.

I’ve left in a sponsor board @15:26 plus an example of the promos for the 6pm news @15:18. These are shown a couple of times during each bulletin and include the following wipe, otherwise not seen; they often shift the focus of a story in the promo to being about the Gold Coast.

6 Likes

Morning News out of Studio D this morning.
I wonder if they’re filming promos for ACA or the Today Show on the news set again.

6 Likes

The talent would almost all be on holidays though

2 Likes

National edition for Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane starts today

10 Likes