Nine News Content and Appearance

Likely promo shoots being done for Sarah joining Today

5 Likes

First on Nine

2 Likes

Very quick issues with the sliding graphics on Nine News Late tonight, blink and you’ll miss it.

2 Likes

Nine Gold Coast News with live backdrop. First night of their carols. No local update prior to news, then later local weather by Garry Youngberry.

6 Likes

The 7 and 9 Gold Coast sets are very similar.

In layout, yes. In every other detail, hardly.

3 Likes

Yeh layout.

Georgie Gardner presented the RBA Interest Rate report; the presentation was similar to the previous month with Nine spending the most time on analysis wirth graphic already prepared.

1 Like

Well we already knew what the outcome was this morning before the official announcement, so it makes sense to use this to pre-make graphics and analysis.

It’s been known for the last 6 months what they would be, so yeah I don’t get the ongoing commentary about the graphics being prepared… of course they would presentation wise it looks better lol

3 Likes

New finance backdrop tonight behind Chris Kohler

9 Likes

And doesn’t he look impressed!

Original post - NIne have cropped out the watermark.

4 Likes

New promo airing in Melbourne with Peter Hitchener and Alicia Loxley. Same background as the Sydney version/upfront promo.

4 Likes

Looked to be a mimic of the Sydney one, but filmed on the Sunday Footy show/sport set at GTV

2 Likes

And it’s now on their Twitter too: https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1601132040262393861?s=20&t=Rc8Nmsei9KOE3dIaHrnMAA

6 Likes

I don’t really like the idea of the promo actually. Seems a bit condescending and impersonal to highlight the fourth wall- “the viewers know” and “the viewers need to” as opposed to “you can trust” for example.

Hoping for some form of refresh for Nine News next year (which I think is likely).
It’s feeling very tired right now. Visually Seven News looks great right now.

7 Likes

Subjective. Seven have been a dog’s breakfast for years and have finally settled for something very polarizing (for me). Nine have slowly ended up where they are now and suits the brand they are going for… still not my cup of tea but how often can you keep changing your appearance when you already have a clean and crisp product? Adding a blue here and a red there, as the networks have been doing for the past few years is quite tiring in its own right.

Will McDonald giving a tour of the different cameras in the Nine Adelaide studio.
https://vt.tiktok.com/ZS8NXKxMq/

9 Likes