Nine News Content and Appearance

That doesn’t look like its from 50 Cavill Avenue though. Quite possibly just from a reosrt apartment a bit further north in Surfers.

2 Likes

Nine Melbourne tonight using a 10 News interview.

3 Likes

Alicia presenting the first story tonight from the desk, no long shot etc. First time it’s been like this since they introduced the standing presentation for the first story.

5 Likes

Nine News Adelaide this evening, can’t say I’ve ever seen anyone hold a Mic like this before.

4 Likes

To my earlier comment, I get the sense tonight’s bulletin was controlled differently from the norm.

Theme music cues were different for the opener, breaks and closer (including in the 8.40pm update), no sports preview, no opening standing presentation.
Weather was normal.
Closing theme sounded identical to how Adelaide usually plays it.

1 Like

Any caps or videos? Would like to see the difference. That could be why Pete presented the 5pm bulletin? Maybe their normal setup was not working?

2 Likes

That would make sense.
Oh and also, they didn’t use the new “live location” graphic either.

@ScreenTower

4 Likes

It was caused by major technical issues out of GTV resulting them to only play packages live out of EVS with limited Mosart abilities (graphics).

5 Likes

Evs?

1 Like

A live tape system - where someone has to manually click play to vision off a server.

2 Likes

Ah alright.

Also explains why 5pm was controlled out of TCN. Are the systems back or will afternoon news be combined with TCN?

1 Like

All back to normal this arvo

1 Like

Nine NEws showed the interest rate decision live again this afternoon. The other commercial networks were otherwise engaged.

2 Likes

I assume 10 will not show one due to Melbourne Cup?

1 Like

7&10 Both have horse racing on. I don’t know whether either of them mentioned it yet.

1 Like

Nine has watermark on their footage but not on what looks like Seven’s identical video.

3 Likes

Playout error during tonight’s Queensland bulletin - after a breaking news swipe the opening theme started “this is Nine News Queensland” then faded out.

5 Likes

“Many Victorians are reining in Christmas budgets…”. The start of a report airing on Nine News Sydney tonight that also featured Highpoint Shopping Centre.

5 Likes

9News Special: Melbourne Awards 2022

Sunday 13 November 4:00 PM (60 min, Melbourne)

An initiative of The City of Melbourne in conjunction with 9News. Join Peter Hitchener & Livinia Nixon as they celebrate the eight winners of the prestigious Melbourne Awards, as well as honouring the esteemed Melburnian of the Year for 2022.

More on The Melbourne Awards

https://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/about-melbourne/celebrating-melbourne/melbourne-awards/Pages/melbourne-awards-finalists.aspx

3 Likes

New 9news promo with Overton at the center airing in Sydney.

4 Likes